Δ 10 Δ

ten

            “You look beautiful.”

            “You think so?”

            “Yup. Agh, I can’t believe my baby sister is finally coming to her first highschool party.” Hongseok sighs dramatically as he fakes a tear and that obviously makes me wanna puke. “Be good and please behave there.”

            “Yes Mom.” I whined, emphasizing the last part. He gives me off a weird face before finally closing the door behind. I continue to examine myself in the mirror, taking soft turns and just feeling myself. I like the idea of me being nicely clothed. I actually look like a decent person right now and I think that’s an achievement.

            The dress that Cris and I bought yesterday seems to fit me well. Its dark color compliments my pale skin color. The black satin dress falls freely on my skin and bares my back. Since I’m not a professional make up artist, my make up is lightly done. Not quite the best but I can bear with it. My hair is curled into beach waves and I wore the necklace that Hongseok bought awhile ago. He told me to consider it as to be his ‘I-came-for-peace’ gift. It’s a silver necklace with a cute little star pendant attached to it.

            Just as then, I heard someone honked infront of our house. I took one glance of my reflection, just making sure that my look didn’t change. I grabbed my purse and my phone, slipped on my shoes and went straight downstairs.

            “Your ride’s here.” Hongseok calls out.

            “Coming!”

            As soon I stepped into our living room, I was shocked to see Yuto conversing with my brother. The moment Yuto sets up his gaze on me, he stops talking which made Hongseok stop too.

            “Hey.” I greet him. “I thought Wooseok’s gonna pick me.”

            “He told me to come here. He had some things to take care of regarding the party.” Yuto replies, slowly tugging his shirt.

            He wore a denim jacket and underneath it was a white V-neck shirt with a ‘Cool Kid’ imprinted on its fabric. I noticed that his hair was messily done in a good way. He ran his fingers through it before putting them into the pockets of his dark-washed ripped jeans.

            It’s really quite intriguing when boys have messy hair and still manage to look good. I mean if it was my hair I would definite look like I’m having a bird’s nest on my head.

            “You guys have fun but not too much ok?” Hongseok reminds the both of us and we nod. “Bye baby sister and love you.” Hongseok throws me a flying kiss and I think I’m close on slapping him with my purse.

            “Hongseok!” I called out. My brother was definitely making me feel embarrassed infront of Yuto Adachi. “I’m not a baby and goodbye.” I said, grabbing Yuto outside, scared of getting humiliated again.

            “Yah Yuto! You should come a lot more often and explain to me how baseball works.”

            “I will.”

            “Okay goodbye Hongseok. We’ll be late.” Gladly, Hongseok didn’t respond. I guess he finally got the my point.

            “Shall we?” Yuto asks, extending his hands.

            “We shall.”

♡♡♡

            The thing about highschool parties is that you get to interact and pretend you’re close friends with people whom you’ve just met. First you’re too shy to start a conversation then you find yourself grooving with them on the dance floor.

            “This is so cool!” Cris shouts despite the loud music blaring into our ears.

            “I know!” I reply back.

            I mean it when I say that I’ve been sleeping in the dust. Parties aren’t that bad and the people won’t ever pressure you in doing things that you’re not really fond of. They do ask you to but they won’t ever force you.

            “Hi!” A tall guy walked toward our directions and danced with us. “I’m Shinwon! What’s your name?” It took me a minute to realize that he was trying to get only my attention not Cris and I’s.

            “I’ll leave you two.” Cris whispers in my ear, giving off a soft giggle before completely disappearing in the crowd, leaving me with the Shinwon guy.

            “I’m Kiel.” I said in reply to Shinwon’s question.

            “That’s a beautiful name.” He comments on, throwing me a smile.

            “Err— thanks?”

            A few minutes or so, Shinwon and I got tired so we decided to sit on one of the couches. I noticed that Cris was already sitting with Kino and Wooseok. As soon as Cris noticed my presence, she waves off and I smiled in return.

            “Yo, Shinwon man! You came!” Wooseok exclaimed in excitement. “How’s college?”

            “Tough but exciting as well.”

            That’s why. I’ve noticed that Shinwon looks pretty matured compared to us. He dresses up like he’s a freaking bachelor and he wasn’t a creep when he went to introduced himself to us.

            “I see, you already met our new friend Kiel.” Kino said, joining the conversation. “This is Cris, Kiel’s friend.” He gestured his hands to Cris and Cris waved her hands. Shinwon smiled in response before finally taking a seat beside Kino.

            “Who wants some drinks?” Wooseok asked, quickly changing the topic. They all said yes and I was left out. “What about you Kiel?”

            “I’ll have a taste. Just a little bit.”

            “Okay—”

            “No she won’t.” Yuto chimed in. “Your brother told me you aren’t allowed to drink.”

            “I’m already eighteen.” I argued with him. “Besides, I’m not planning to get drunk.” I said confidently.

            Little did I know, it was the last thing I’d be able to remember from that night.

ΔΔΔ

ive decided to include special chapters where in the pov would be yuto’s

anyways, thank u for the 250+ reads! im just so hyped because someone's actually reading my story and some even voted for it! THANK YOUUU SO MUCH ♡

with love,
-d