4

Your POV

"Y/n?" I heard someone yell for me, making me sit up in my bed and debate whether or not to go check who called. I heard footsteps approaching my door and decided it was better to just let them come to me.

"Hey," my aunt greeted as she walked in. "We're going pick up Ally from the airport. Do you want to come?"

"Umm..." I stuttered out, not really wanting to go to the airport.

"It's okay if you don't want to. We'll be back in like thirty minutes," she told me, walking in to kiss my forehead before leaving the room.

These past few days have been rough. I really haven't gotten out all that much aside from tagging along to the grocery store yesterday.

I haven't been interacting with anyone all that much either and I could tell it was starting to worry my aunt.

I sighed and decided to take a quick shower, hoping it would help me relax a little bit. I grabbed a change of clothes and headed into the bathroom.

When I got under the hot stream of water I felt my tense muscles loosen up a bit.

I washed my hair and body before stepping out and drying off. I looked at myself in the slightly fogged up mirror and really took in how broken I looked.

I could see the bags under my eyes, I needed a haircut, and I was slowly but surely losing weight.

I got dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, running my hands through my damp hair a few times to slick it back.

I exited the bathroom and headed to the kitchen, feeling hungry as I hadn't really eaten yet today, and it was already noon.

I was looking through the fridge when I heard a car door slam, getting my attention.

I closed the fridge when the door of the house opened and my uncle and aunt were the first two I saw. I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

Weren't they picking Ally up?

"Oh, there you are Y/n," my aunt said, moving to the side to reveal the short brunette girl. "This is Ally. Ally, this is Y/n."

"Hi, I've been so excited to meet you," Ally said, pulling me into a hug. "Sorry, I'm a hugger."

"It's good," I said with a small laugh.

"We're gonna go pick up something to eat. You guys want anything specific?" My uncle asked, raising his eyebrows at the two of us.

"Oh! Do you like Greek food?" Ally asked me.

"I've never had it," I told her, watching her eyebrows raise in surprise.

"I think you'll love it. Can you guys pick that up?" She asked them as she placed her purse on the counter.

My uncle nodded and I watched as they walked out, leaving us alone.

"I heard you're not a talker," Ally said as she grabbed my hand and led us to the living room. We both sat on the couch and she turned on the tv, lowering the volume as she faced me.

"Uh... not really," I said, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly as she watched me.

"Well, let's start slow then. You ask me a question, then I get to ask you one," she said, leaning back slightly into the couch.

"What is this a therapy session?" I sassed, watching her eyebrows rise.

"No, but look at that we're already making progress," she smirked, making me realize I finally had shown a little personality when I've basically been acting like a robot for the past couple of weeks.

"Fine. I'll go first," I told her, continuing when she nodded. "How old are you?"

"I'm twenty-two," she told me, catching me off guard. "What? I don't look twenty-two?"

"Not really, but I believe you," I told her, kicking my feet up on the couch.

"Okay, how old are you?" She asked me.

"I just asked that question," I told her.

"There's no rules to this game. I can ask whatever I want," she spoke, making me raise my hands in defense.

"Okay, okay. I'm eighteen. My turn," I answered with a small smile. I don't know why, but I was starting to let my guard down a bit.

"Where were you at? Were you like on a trip or something?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion when she giggled at me. "What?"

"Nothing, just... they didn't tell you?" She asked me.

"Tell me what?"

"I was in California. I'm in a band," she told me, confusing me even further. I guess she saw the confusion on my face because she continued her explanation.

"We're about to start recording for our third album so I'm going to be in California for a few months before we start traveling for promotion and stuff."

"Wait. So like this is a real thing?" I asked, making her smile at me more.

"Yes. This is my job," she told me, pulling out her phone and typing something before handing it to me. I looked at it and saw she had googled Fifth Harmony.

"Who are these girls?" I asked, pointing at the photo of Ally and three other girls.

"Those are my band mates. Dinah, Normani, and Lauren," she told me as I continued scrolling through photos, realizing a lot of them included a fifth girl.

"Why is this girl in like half these photos?" I asked, feeling absolutely clueless about what was going on.

"Oh... um. That's Camila. She just recently left the group," Ally told me, making my eyebrows raise at that.

"She's pretty," I said. "I mean they all are, including you. Can I hear some of your music?" I asked.

She gave me a soft smile before taking her phone back and playing a song.

"Who's been working so damn hard?
You got that head on overload?
Got yourself this flawless body
Aching now from head to toe"

"Whoa," I mumbled, making her giggle. "You can sing."

"Yea, a little," she responded.

"Nod if you been played by every boo
Just tryna sh-"

"Okay, it's my turn to ask a question," she said as she cut off the music.

"Do you have an plans to do anything? Like now that you're here and everything. Do you wanna go to college or something?" She asked, making my mood drop a little.

"I- I don't know," I stuttered. "I didn't really know what I wanted to do before all of this happened. Now I definitely don't know."

She rested her hand over mine, effectively getting my attention.

"You'll figure it out. Don't stress about it for now," she said.

We both turned when we heard the front door open and saw my aunt and uncle walk in with bags of food.

"C'mon, lets go eat," she smiled.