29

Your POV

I let out a sigh as I sat on the rooftop of my old apartment building.

I had gotten a hotel about fifteen minutes away. After I put all my things in the room I went out, not having anywhere specific I wanted to go.

I just kept walking until I found myself standing in front of the building.

I looked up at the night sky, taking a few deep breaths as my thoughts rattled around in my head.

Deep down I knew I shouldn't be here. This place didn't feel like home anymore, but in order to sort myself out I needed to come back to the start.

I swung my legs back and forth as I sat on the edge of the building.

I pulled out my phone for the first time tonight, looking at the hundreds of messages and missed calls I had from all of the girls, including Camila.

I knew I shouldn't have left them the way I did, but I didn't know how to tell them where I was going either.

I just shut my phone off, shoving it back in my pocket as I let out a sigh.

"I shouldn't be here," I mumbled to myself as I got up and started to make my way down.

This place wasn't my home anymore.

I contemplated calling an uber before deciding to just walk back to the hotel. I knew it wasn't the smartest decision because of how late it was, but I needed the fresh air.

I couldn't keep the image of those damn bright green eyes out of my head as I rounded the block.

I knew what I wanted. I knew I wanted her. I just didn't want to rush into it.

As I turned the corner again I ran into someone, knocking us both to the ground.

"Oh shit. I'm so-"

"What the fuck is your problem?" The guy asked, pulling himself off the ground before grabbing me by my jacket.

"I'm sorry, man. I didn't mean to," I told him, shoving him off of me.

"Is sorry gonna fix my fucking phone?" He yelled, pointing at his shattered phone on the ground.

"Look man. I don't want any fucking trouble. Just leave me alone," I told him, aggravated at the way he had grabbed me.

"Nah. That's not how we get along around here," he said before punching me.

I scrambled to my feet as he continued to swing at me before I tackled him to the ground.

He rolled us over, standing over me before he began to kick me repeatedly.

I grabbed his foot, pulling it out from under him and jumping up.

Everything hurt and my vision was blurry as I started to run in the direction of my hotel.

I looked back over my shoulder and saw the guy reach into his coat and grab something.

I started to panic, knowing exactly what he grabbed.

I practically froze as I heard a single shot ring through the air and pain spread throughout my left leg.

I fell to the ground, but not before a second shot was heard and my left shoulder was the target.

My breathing was growing shallow as I laid on the ground.

I could hear people coming out of their houses and sirens in the air.

"Oh my God!" I heard someone shout.

Pretty soon there was someone kneeling next to me, trying to keep me conscious as the sirens got closer.

I could barely keep my eyes open and I wasn't really registering anything that was happening.

I felt like I blacked out for a few seconds as I was put in the back of an ambulance.

I was in a state of shock as I slowly let myself float in and out of consciousness until I was out completely.