34

Your POV

2 Months Later

"Hey, you're back early," Ally said when I walked into the studio.

"Yea, therapy ended early today and I knew you guys would still be here," I told her as I hugged her softly.

"Lauren's in the booth," Normani told me as I sat down next to her.

"Got it," I said, hearing the producers tell her good job before she walked out.

"Dinah, you're up," she said before her eyes locked with mine and she smiled widely.

"Hey, when did you get here?" She asked, walking over and kissing my lips.

"I literally just got here," I giggled.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked.

"Yea, my leg isn't hurting near as bad as it was this morning," I told her.

"How was physical therapy?" She asked as she intertwined our fingers.

"It was good. We took it easy today because I'm still sore from Tuesday," I said to her as I played with her fingers.

"But look I made progress," I said before showing her that I could now lift my arm a little higher than before.

"That's great, babe," she said with a small laugh before leaning against me.

"How's everything going over here?" I asked, referring to their album that they were almost finished with.

"We're wrapping everything up. We should be done recording by the end of next week," she told me with a bright smile.

"That's amazing," I said as Dinah began to sing a verse from their newest song Make You Mad.

"Have you heard anything new from Camila?" Lauren asked.

Camila made me take a break from helping out with her album, but she still kept me updated with the progress they were making.

"I talked to her earlier. They're still making good progress, but it might slow down a bit because of how much Havana is climbing the charts," I told her.

"It's crazy how good that song is doing, especially since they didn't even want to make it a single," Lauren gushed.

"I know. I'm glad we talked them into it," I said with a smile.

Lauren turned to me and leaned in to connect our lips. It was a slow paced kiss.

I loved the way Lauren didn't have to create a heated make out session to show me she cared for me. She could do it with little chaste kisses like this.

We pulled away from each other when we heard someone making gagging noises.

"Can you two not have sex on the couch?" Normani asked with a smirk.

"You think that was having sex?" Lauren asked sarcastically. "You wanna see having sex?"

"Um... we don't need to see that!" Ally exclaimed, jumping into the conversation.

I just laughed and kissed Lauren's temple as she snuggled into my side.

"Can I take you out tonight?" I asked her. "Or is it still too soon?"

I knew Lauren wanted to stay low key about our relationship for now, especially since them leaving the hospital with me made a lot of headlines.

There was a lot of controversy about why Camila was there too, but for the most part it didn't start drama.

The girls released a statement saying that I was Ally's cousin and I had been in an accident, so people assumed Camila was there just to make sure I was okay.

They didn't need to know anything about Camila and I being exes. Especially now that I was with Lauren. That would start just a little bit of drama.

"I'd actually love to go out with you tonight," Lauren said, surprising me. "That is, if you're up for it. You're not too tired from physical therapy are you?"

"No, I'm fine. We wouldn't be doing anything too draining anyways. I just want to take you to see Incredibles 2. You've been talking about it for the past week and a half," I told her, giggling when her face lit up.

"Oh my God. Yes!" She exclaimed.

"It shouldn't be too packed since it's been out for a week. Tonight's probably the perfect time to go," I told her as she kissed my cheek.

"I'm so excited now," she laughed.

I just smiled at her, wrapping an arm around her and relaxing until the girls were done for the day.

~•~•~

"It was so good!" Lauren squealed when we got in the uber.

"I know," I laughed.

"Thank you for taking me. I'm really glad we did this," she told me as the guy started driving.

"Me too. I had a good time, and we didn't even get that many stares," I joked as she pecked my lips.

"I know," she joked back, leaning into me.

When we got back home we walked upstairs hand in hand. Lauren continued to ramble about how great the movie was as I just listened with a smile on my face.

"You're the best, you know that?" She asked as we both sat down on my bed.

"I didn't know that, but now I do," I giggled, leaning in to kiss her lips.

When she pulled away she intertwined our fingers and I smiled down at my ring on her hand. She practically hasn't taken it off.

She saw me staring at the ring and kissed my cheek.

"I still can't believe you gave me this. I know how much it means to you, so it means even more that you gave it to me," she told me sincerely.

"It means a lot to me, but you mean a lot to me too," I responded, making her smile.

"Here," she said before slipping her silver ring off her finger. It was a simple band with her birthstone and a few diamonds surrounding it.

"This might not have as much meaning behind it as yours does, but it's my favorite ring, and it has my birthstone so it kind of represents me," she told me as she placed it in my hand.

"I don't think it'll fit any of my fingers," I giggled, seeing how small it was.

She pouted at me and I laughed before kissing her pout away.

"I have an idea," I said before standing up and digging through my nightstand.

I pulled out necklace I had, removing the pendant from the chain before putting her ring on it.

"Can you hook it?" I asked, handing it to her. She smiled widely and nodded, wrapping it around my neck and latching it before turning me around.

"I love it," she said, fiddling with it before kissing me again.

"And I love you," I whispered, but I knew she heard it from the way she froze for a second before her eyes welled up with tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked, cupping her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," she said, giggling through her tears. "No one has ever cared for me this much and I still feel horrible about the way I treated you at first..."

I nodded for her to continue when she trailed off.

"...I just don't want to mess up again," she admitted.

"Lauren, you're going to mess up. I'm going to mess up. Things aren't always going to be perfect. It's the way we stay together and work through things that matters," I told her, blushing at how cheesy I sounded.

"I love you," she said before leaning in and kissing me.

It surprised me at first, but I quickly caught on and kissed her back.

"I'm never letting you go again."