32

Your POV

"Alright, we'll be back later," Ally told me before her and the girls left to go eat.

I told them I felt bad that they'd been cooped up in the hospital with me all week so they should go out to eat.

Brandon, Patricia, and Jerry had left yesterday to go back home. They didn't want to but they all still had jobs so I made them.

"I can't believe you wouldn't go with them," I told Camila when we were alone. "I even made Lauren go."

"I told you I'm not leaving your side. Plus, we need to talk," she told me as she sat next to me.

"Uh oh. Talk about what?" I asked as I sat up slightly, ignoring the dull ache from my ribs.

"Why did you come back out here?" She asked.

"I needed to come back to where I'm from. I wanted to sort out my thoughts and I figured to do that I needed to come home," I told her, watching her as she had a sad expression.

"But this isn't my home anymore."

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused about why I said that.

"Chicago is always going to be where I'm from, but it doesn't feel like home anymore. I don't have any family here. I have nothing here. This isn't my home, but coming here did help me to realize what I want," I explained as she took my hand into hers.

"What is it that you want?" She asked, a sad smile on her lips because she new what I would say.

"I want to have a career in music. Maybe not as an artist, but I want to help other artists make music," I told her.

"I think we all knew you would end up making music," she giggled. "What else?"

"I want to be there for the girls and you from now on. I don't want to run away anymore. I'm not leaving again."

"Thank God for that," she said, making me laugh. "Anything else you thought out on your little trip? Did you maybe think about a certain relationship with a certain green eyed girl?"

"Yea, I thought about that one a lot," I admitted, leaning my head back to stare at the ceiling.

"And what's your decision?"

"I want to give her another chance, but I'm scared," I admitted, watching Camila's face fall slightly.

"Y/n... you and I both know how hard she's fighting for you right now," she told me.

"I know, and I really do want to give her a chance. Do you think I'm stupid for that?"

"I do and I don't," Camila said with a slight laugh.

"I do because I know how bad it hurt you the first time. Part of me just doesn't want to see you get hurt again," she admitted, running a hand through her hair.

"But a bigger part of me knows she won't hurt you like that again. I've known Lauren for a long time, and I know she's serious this time. She wants this just as bad as you do," she told me.

"Thank you. I don't think you understand how much it means to me to have someone like you in my life," I told her.

"Stop. You're going to make me cry," she said as her eyes started welling with tears and she giggled.

I pulled her into a hug and she sniffled a bit.

"I'm so proud of you for figuring all of this out," she told me before she pulled away.

"You get released tomorrow, so I think you should talk to Lauren when the girls get back. You know, to sort all of this out before the four hour flight," she giggled.

"I think you're right. I'll do that," I told her, scooting over and patting the space next to me so she could lay down.

She climbed into the bed and laid under the covers while I flipped through the tv channels before clicking on something.

I tried to focus on the tv, but I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to say to the green eyed beauty when they got back.