16

Your POV

"Whoa, what's the occasion?" Normani asked when I came downstairs.

"What?" I asked with a giggle, sitting down at the table with the other girls.

"I'll be in the car," Lauren said, standing up and leaving.

I just rolled my eyes and focused on my plate of food that Ally had set out.

"Did you get a haircut?" Ally asked.

"Yea, yesterday," I told her, eating a bit of my food.

"You went to a barber?" Dinah asked, to which I nodded.

"I like it. The fade looks good," Normani said, standing up and kissing the top of my head before heading out the door.

"We're gonna be in the studio all day," Ally told me as she picked up the empty plates and Dinah helped her.

"We'll probably be back late," Dinah commented, grabbing her jacket and kissing my head as well before she headed out.

"What's up with them being extra touchy?" I asked, referring to the head kisses.

"I told them what happened," Ally said, smiling sheepishly at me when I rolled my eyes.

"They wanted to know why you've been locked in your room more than usual."

"Yea, I get it," I said, leaning back in my chair and facing her.

"Around what time will you guys be back?"

"Probably around eight to ten. I don't know. I'll text you when we're on our way home," Ally said, hugging me and kissing my temple before walking away.

"See you later!" She yelled before walking out.

I immediately checked the time to see it was around 9:30. I ordered an Uber and soon enough I was on my way to the address Nate had sent me.

"You good man?" The uber driver asked as we were about five minutes away.

"Yea, just a little nervous," I said with a small laugh.

"Gotcha. Whatever it is, good luck," he told me as we pulled up outside the studio.

"Thank you," I told him, putting a few dollars in his little tip jar before exiting the car.

I walked into the studio, not having a clue about where to go. This wasn't the same studio i've been to with the girls.

"Y/n!" I heard someone cheer, making me look their way.

I sighed a breath of relief when it was Nate.

"C'mon man, the super star is waiting," he joked. Well, I hoped he was joking and I wasn't about to meet some snobby, rich girl.

We walked for a bit before he entered the door that was labeled 'Studio B.'

I entered the room after Nate, immediately being met with the most endearing laugh I've ever heard.

"Hey, C. I wanna introduce you to someone," Nate said, stepping aside for me to see the girl.

No doubt she was beautiful. She also looked super familiar.

"Camila, this is Y/n Hernandez. He's gonna help with the writing process and if he shows me some of his skills, probably the recording process too," Nate said, punching my arm lightly with a laugh.

"Y/n, this is Camila Cabello," Nate said, and as soon as I heard her name I knew who she was.

Did I just get set up to help my cousins ex band mate with her album?

"It's great to meet you," Camila said, shyly shaking my hand.

"It great to meet you too," I smiled, trying to ease the tension.

"I like your hoodie. Where'd you get it?" She asked, reaching out and fiddling with the drawstrings of my purple champion hoodie.

"Uhh... I don't remember," I admitted, making her laugh. "Sorry."

"It's fine. C'mon, lets sit," she said, grabbing my hand and leading me to sit down next to her.

I made eyes at Nate from across the table and all he did was shrug. He knew what he was doing, but to be honest I wasn't even made about it.

"So, why don't we jump right into it?" Nate suggested.

~•~•~

"Make that song a single. I promise you that it will go number one. There's not a single song out there that's got a vibe like this one," I told them, watching Camila's eyes light up at my statement.

"Y/n, this song is great, but I think it should stay as an album song. I don't know if it has single potential," Nate said.

"You're wrong," I stated simply. "Produce this song with some Latin vibes. Add trumpets and instruments like that. I don't even think you need a rapper, but if you end up getting someone to rap this verse, get someone who can match that vibe."

"Nate, I'm telling you, this song has number one potential," I pleaded with the guy.

I knew it would be hard for him to trust me on this one, but we had been working in this studio for around four hours now and we've been back and forth about Camila's song Havana.

"Who's a rapper you think could match her vibe," Nate asked with raised eyebrows.

He was testing me and I knew it. If I didn't suggest someone good then he wouldn't even give this song a second thought, much less make it a single.

"Young Thug," I told him, watching his eyebrows furrow.

"That's not what I was expecting," Nate admitted. "Why?"

"He's got a really similar vibe. He would kill this verse," I explained. "Unless you wanna try and book a guy like Future, but that's basically impossible."

"No, I see where you're going with the Young Thug vibe," Nate said.

I noticed Camila hadn't been very vocal since we started talking about the song again.

I looked down and realized she was already staring at me.

"Are you okay with that?" I asked.

"Yea, I think it'd be cool," she said.

"What's this beat you have in mind?" Nate asked, motioning for me to follow him.

"C'mon, you know more about Latin culture than I do. You could totally help put this beat together," I told her, helping her up.

"Thank you," she mumbled, making me turn to her.

"For what?"

"For helping convince him. I kept telling the team that this song had potential, but none of them trusted me enough."

"Well, great minds think alike," I winked at her, watching her blush a little as I continued to hold her hand.

I was so glad I decided to come help out.