33

Your POV

"Okay, we have all of your release papers and our flight is waiting for us. Are you ready to go?" Ally asked as the girls helped me into a wheelchair.

"Actually can you guys go down and wait for me? I need to talk to Lauren for a bit," I told her, watching Camila give me a small, encouraging smile.

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows as the girls nodded and walked out of the room, leaving the two of us alone.

"What's this about?" Lauren asked as she sat down across from me.

"Lauren, how serious are you about us?" I asked bluntly, catching her by surprise.

"What do you mean by us? Is there still a chance at an us?" She asked, her fingers beginning to spin the ring on her finger the same way I used to spin it.

"Well, I'd like to give us a second chance if you're serious this time," I told her, watching her eyes light up with hope.

"I am! I mean, I told you I took care of the problem. I just- I don't know why I was so careless about this the first time, but I'm serious when I say I want to try again," she rushed out, leaning forward to take my hand.

"Lauren, slow down," I giggled, tightening my hold on her hand to comfort her.

"I would really love to give this another try, but only if we take it slow," I explained, watching her nod quickly.

"Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it," she told me.

"We should go down to the lobby. The girls are probably waiting for us," I said, to which she nodded again before walking around me to push the wheel chair.

"Have a good talk?" Ally asked when we got down to the lobby.

"Yup," I told her with a smile as Camila came over.

"Don't fuck this up, Jauregui," she said to Lauren.

Lauren quickly shook her head. "I won't. Not again."

"Good," Camila giggled, leaning down and kissing the top of my head before walking with the other girls ahead of us.

"Lauren," I said, getting her attention so she would push the wheelchair.

"Sorry," she mumbled with blush forming on her cheeks as she started to push me forward.

"You know there's paparazzi outside right? Like you're gonna be talked about a lot more after this," Lauren told me as she stopped at the exit.

"I know. I expected it. I'll be fine," I told her, watching her nod before she pushed me out of the hospital.

She was right, there were a lot of paparazzi outside. They were all trying to snap as many pictures as possible before I got helped into the car.

One of the girls security guards helped me out of the wheelchair and got me into the car.

I could still hear the questions the paparazzi were screaming even after Lauren had gotten into the car and closed the door.

"Jeez," I sighed out, hearing Lauren giggle at my reaction.

"That's how it's gonna be with you from now on. You're gonna be the talk of every gossip sight for the next couple of weeks," she told me, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm serious," she giggled. "There's probably pictures of this all over Twitter already."

"I know," I told her, laying my head on her shoulder. "I don't want to worry about it."

"Then don't," Lauren said, kissing my forehead as she ran her fingers up and down my arm.

"Is it going to be that bad at the airport?" I asked.

"No, we got a private flight so we aren't going through regular security," Ally answered from beside me.

"Good," I stated, making the girls giggle.

"You'll get used to it," Normani said, patting my knee.