31

Lauren's POV

"Family?" The receptionist asked as we all stood in front of the desk.

"Yes, cousin," Ally told her.

"He's currently in room 426 B," the woman told her.

We all thanked her before hurrying to the elevators.

"My parents and brother are already there," Ally explained as the elevator doors closed.

"Is he awake?" Dinah asked.

"Last I heard, no," Ally told her before the door opened and we all began to walk to the correct room.

"Papa," Ally said before hugging her dad who was waiting outside of the room.

"Is he awake?" She asked, to which he shook his head.

"He looks pretty bad, so be prepared," he told us before opening the door.

I walked into the room and the second my eyes handed on him all of the air was sucked out of my lungs.

His face was swollen and bruised, especially along his eyebrow, which was stitched up.

His left leg and shoulder were wrapped up, so I assumed that's where he was shot.

There was a massive patch of road rash on his right shoulder, and his torso was also bandaged.

"Oh my God," I heard Camila mumble as she knelt beside the bed and held his hand.

"Why is his stomach bandaged?" Normani asked as Ally sat next to her mother.

"He has two fractured ribs. The doctor said there were shoe prints on his shirt so they think the guy kicked him."

Dinah pulled Normani next to her as they sat on the couch.

I hadn't said a word since we entered the hospital, and I stayed silent as I pulled a chair to the side of his bed and sat down.

I softly grabbed his hand, holding it as carefully as I could, as if it would break if I wasn't gentle enough.

"When is he expected to wake up?" I finally spoke up, looking directly at Ally's parents.

"Doctors said he should wake up some time this afternoon," Jerry explained.

"Did they catch they guy who shot him?" Camila asked, her eyes on fire as she spoke.

"They did. He tried to run but didn't get very far. He apparently already had a couple warrants out for his arrest, this is being added as an attempted murder," Patricia said, Brandon holding her hand in an attempt to calm her down.

"Well, at least there's one positive thing," Dinah tried, earning a few soft smiles from everyone.

I rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand, staring at him, practically begging him with my eyes to wake up.

I just wanted to hold him and tell him everything was going to be alright.

I felt the tears start sliding down my cheeks again as I let my head fall against the bed.

I kept my hand in his, almost jumping out of my seat when I thought I felt him grip it.

I looked up at his face, and his previously calm expression now resembled someone in pain.

"Guys..." I trailed off as he let out a slight groan.

Camila pushed the button above his bed to call a nurse, and minutes later one was rushing in.

"He just woke up," Camila told her.

The young nurse rushed to his IV bag, upping the dose of painkillers in it before letting us know she'd be back with the doctor in a bit.

"Oh my God," Y/n groaned, holding my hand a little bit tighter.

"Oh, Hun," Patricia said, tears falling as she held his other hand.

"You scared the shit out of me," I told him as tears continued to fall and everyone laughed at my comment.

"I'm sorry," he told me, smiling slightly as he tried and failed to move his left arm.

"Don't strain too much. You just got out of surgery," Jerry told him.

"You'll be immobile for a little while," Patricia commented, kissing his forehead.

"Don't ever do that again," Ally said, hugging him gently and kissing his cheek.

"I won't. I promise," he said, making me smile when he intertwined our fingers.

"You better promise," Dinah said as her and Normani both hugged him.

Y/n smiled at them as Brandon came over and gave him a hug.

"You better have an amazing explanation," Camila told him.

"I have one, but I don't know how amazing you'll think it is," he told her as she hugged him.

Their hug lasted a little longer than the others, but I honestly didn't really mind. I knew they meant a lot to each other.

He looked over at me as the doctor came in and started to talk with Jerry and Patricia.

"You're wearing it," he commented, looking down at his ring that was on my finger.

"Yea, have been since I found it," I told him, making him smile. "Do you want it back?"

"No, it's yours now. Keep it," he said with his scratchy voice.

"I still can't believe you managed to get yourself shot," I commented as I laid my head on his good shoulder.

"I'm full of surprises," he joked, wincing slightly when he laughed.

"Calm down there. You still have fractured ribs," I told him, watching as he leaned his head on mine and let his eyes fall shut.

Hopefully this is where things would start to get better.