38

Your POV

"Lauren! I'm so proud of you my girl!" Kehlani exclaimed as she ran up to my girlfriend.

We were currently at the girl's album release party and there were so many people here.

I had been chilling all night, saying hi to a few people I knew here and there, but for the most part keeping to myself.

I wasn't nearly as social as Lauren was, so I was just letting her do her thing. 

"Thank you so much, mama," Lauren told the girl as they hugged.

"And you must be Y/n," Kehlani greeted with the line I've heard way too many times tonight.

I just smiled and nodded at the girl.

"I'm Kehlani," she said before shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you," I told her, watching her take a sip of her drink before she began talking to Lauren again.

"Hey, babe. We're gonna go dance for a bit. I'll be back," she told me, pecking my lips before running off.

I sat back in my chair, nursing the same drink I have been sipping on all night. I wasn't a big fan of alcohol.

"You look lonely," I heard a voice behind me say before she sat next to me.

"Hey, I didn't know you would be here," I told her before hugging her.

"I wasn't really planning on coming, but I decided to last minute," Camila told me.

"Parties still aren't your thing?" She asked with a smile.

"Definitely not. I'd rather be home in my bed right now. How's the album?" I asked her.

"It's coming along. We're probably looking at a January release date at this point," she told me with a shrug.

"It just keeps getting pushed back," I laughed.

"I know. It's making me anxious," she admitted, taking a sip of my drink before giving it back.

"Don't be anxious. You're gonna kill it," I told her. "Anything else new in your life?"

"Not really," she shrugged. "Oh, there's one thing."

"What?" I asked as she turned to me.

"Do you know who Matthew Hussey is?"

"Who?" I asked, seeing amusement take over her face.

"He's a dating coach. He's British, kinda cute, but also not my type and ten years older than me," she explained.

"What's he have to do with anything?" I asked, not knowing where this was going.

"His team contacted my team. They offered a VERY generous amount of money for me to pull off a PR stunt with him," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Are you gonna do it?" I asked.

"I don't have a choice. My team decided it would be great to start after my album comes out to help boost long term sales," she told me.

"Is he at least a good guy?" I asked her.

"I don't really know. I've never met him, but I've heard he's a nice guy," she said, drinking the rest of my drink.

"Slow down there, Cabello," I warned her, taking the cup away with a laugh.

"Hey, I have to leave in a bit. I'm drinking while I can," she laughed. "My family has been wondering where you've been."

My eyes widened at her statement.

"You never told them?" I asked, referring to us breaking up.

"No! I mean, yes. Yes, I told them we aren't seeing each other anymore, but they know we ended on good terms. My mom still loves you, and Sofi still thinks you're cute," she told me.

"I never got to meet your dad," I said, feeling kind of sad about that.

"Which is why you should come visit soon. My dad wants to meet you," she told me.

"I'll visit soon. I promise," I said to her, watching her smile widen as she stuck out her pinky and we locked them together.

"I'm holding you to that," she said before we both stood up and hugged.

"I'll see you around. Text me," she told me, kissing my cheek before she left.

I sat back in my seat, looking up when someone approached me.

"Was that Camila?" Lauren asked as she stood between my legs.

"Yea, she came to say hi really quick, but she had to run," I told her, resting my hands on her hips as she cupped my face.

"Gotcha," Lauren said, leaning down and kissing my lips.

The kiss was more sensual than the usual public kisses she gave me.

I could taste the tequila on her tongue as she deepened it, and knew it was probably the cause of her public display of affection. Soon enough she slowed down the kiss before she pulled away.

"We'll leave soon so we can go home and do more of that," Lauren teased before walking away.

I just shook my head with a smile as I watched her.