8

Your POV

I rolled over in my bed, slowly waking up as the sunlight came through the windows, no curtains in its way.

I groaned and sat up, making my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I clicked on the light I grabbed my toothbrush, running it under the water and putting toothpaste on top before beginning to brush my teeth.

I looked up at myself in the mirror, quickly doing a double take to see my now black eye fully formed.

"Fuck," I said to myself, there's no way I can hide this thing now. I stayed in my room all last night trying to avoid having to tell the other girls that Lauren had punched me in the face.

I finished brushing my teeth, turning to exit the bathroom and almost running into Lauren a second time. She looked up at me, her sleepy eyes immediately widening when she saw my eye.

"Fuck," she mumbled, making me laugh.

"That's what I said."

"Once again, Ally is going to kill me."

I laughed again, shaking my head at the girl before going back to my room and getting dressed. The girls had said we would be going out today to get stuff for my room.

When I exited my room again I walked down the stairs, the smell of breakfast hitting me as I walked down.

"Oh, you're up earl- what the hell," Normani said, jumping out of her seat on the couch to look at my face.

"What the hell happened?" She asked, holding my face still as she examined it.

"Hey, breakfast is ready. Oh, Y/n. I was about to go wake yo- oh my God," Ally cut herself off.

I sighed as I pushed the two girls back.

"What happened," Ally gasped.

"I fell?" I tried to say, but it came out as more of a question.

"Bullshit," Normani called out as she sat back down.

"Y/n..."

"It was an accident okay? I am fine," I told her, looking to my right when I heard someone walk in.

I saw it was Lauren and Ally immediately put the pieces together when she saw Lauren's guilty face.

"Someone better start talking," Ally stated, crossing her arms.

~•~•~

"It was an accident!" Lauren exclaimed.

"How do you punch someone in the face on accident?!" Ally yelled back, making me groan from where I was sitting on the couch.

"Why is everyone yelling?!" Dinah yelled, walking into the living room and sitting next to me. She laid her head on my shoulder and watched as Ally was glaring at Lauren.

"Lauren gave Y/n a black eye," Ally said, making Dinah's head shoot up to look at my face.

"Oh, shit. You already pissed her off that bad?" She asked.

"It was an accident!" Lauren groaned, throwing her hands up in frustration.

"Whatever," Ally stated, going back into the kitchen.

"I smell food," Dinah said, following after her.

I sent Lauren a sheepish smile, watching as she took Dinah's spot next to me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"She took it better than I thought," I said, feeling Lauren giggle into my neck.

"You two better not let Ally see that. She's already mad at you," Normani said with a smirk, pointing at Lauren.

Lauren raised her hands in defense, watching as Normani left to go into the kitchen.

"I'm so tired," Lauren mumbled, closing her eyes as she leaned farther into me. "Are we still going shopping for you today?"

"I think so," I answered, twisting the ring on my finger.

"You two better come eat before it's all gone!" I heard Ally yell, getting both Lauren and I's attention. We both stood up and went to the kitchen for breakfast.

~•~•~

"The grey matches the carpet. This decision is final," Dinah said, picking out the curtains and putting them into the shopping cart.

We were currently in IKEA, picking out furniture and other things for my room.

We had already gone to a few other stores, picking up clothes and other necessities I would need while I was in California.

I hadn't brought much with me and I really wasn't prepared for this trip at all so we had bought a lot of things today.

"Okay so do you need anything else?" Ally asked me.

"No, I'm good," I answered quickly, making the other girls giggle.

"Okay, you two stay with him and go check out. Normani you come with me, I have one more thing to get," Ally said.

I raised my eyebrows at the girl, wanting some sort of explanation. Ally just smiled my way before dragging Normani along with her.

"What was that about?" I asked Dinah as the cashier started to scan all of the items.

"I don't know," Dinah said, pulling out her card and paying as Lauren started to push the cart full of items out of the store.

We loaded everything into the car and climbed in. I guess the girls didn't want to be standing outside where they could be recognized.

"Where are Ally and Normani?" I asked after ten minutes of us sitting in silence. I knew the two girls were in on whatever this was, but they wouldn't tell me anything.

"We don't know," Lauren answered, making me roll my eyes.

Soon enough I heard the trunk of the car open and something was loaded into the back. Normani then hopped into the back seat as Ally went to drive.

"Where'd you guys go? What'd you get?" I asked Normani, who just smiled at me and shrugged.

I tried getting a good look at whatever it was but it was hidden behind all of the other things we had in the back.

When we pulled up at our house I got out the car to help unload, but also to try and see what Normani and Ally went get.

"Wait! Y/n!" Ally yelled, making me stop. "Close your eyes."

"What? Why?" I asked, feeling like this could be a joke.

"Just trust me," she said.

I rolled my eyes before closing them, covering them with my hands as I heard the trunk open.

"Okayyy... open!"

I opened my eyes and my mouth dropped slightly.

"That's what you guys went get?" I asked, reaching out to touch the guitar Ally was holding in her hands.

Ally nodded and I looked to the side to see the other girls all smiling as Normani held the case for the guitar.

"You guys didn't have to do this," I said in awe as Ally let me hold it.

I strummed it a few times. It was a little out of time but not too bad.

"We know, but I wanted to get you one after you said you were trying to learn. You have to be able to play us at least one song by the end of the month," Ally told me with a smile as I brought her in for a hug.

"Thank you," I told her. "Thank you to you guys too," I said to the other girls, bringing them all in for brief hugs.

"Now, c'mon. Your room isn't going to set itself up."