30

Double update because i left you guys on a cliff hanger and i also just finished writing my next book, which I'll start posting after this one. So keep an eye out because there are big things coming👀

•~•~•

Lauren's POV

"Lauren!"

I groaned and shoved my face farther into my pillow. Whoever was waking me up better have a damn good reason for it.

"Lauren! Wake the fuck up!" The voice yelled as they bursted into my room.

"Lauren, you have to wake up!" Ally yelled as she shook me.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up.

"My mom just called. Y/n, got shot," she said, panic laced in her voice as tears streamed down her face.

"What? Wait, hold on. What the fuck is going on?" I was wide awake now.

"We have to go to Chicago," Ally said in a panic. I noticed she already had a backpack on.

"Pack a small bag with some essentials. Our flight leaves in forty minutes," she rushed out before she ran out of the room.

I jumped out of bed, quickly throwing clothes and other essentials into a small book sack before putting on my shoes.

I ran downstairs, seeing the other three girls were ready. Ally and Dinah were both on the phone as Normani rushed over to me.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked as she reached me.

"He was walking and got into a fight. The guy pulled a gun and he was shot twice," Normani quickly said as we all walked out to the car.

"Is he gonna make it?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes as I clutched his ring on my finger.

"The hospital wouldn't give us that much information. All we know is he was hit twice and lost a lot of blood. He's in surgery right now," she told me as we got into the car.

"Camila?" I asked, seeing that the girl was in the car already.

"Yea," she weakly answered.

I could tell she was struggling to hold herself together.

"How long is a flight to Chicago?" I asked as Ally hung up the phone.

"Four hours. We got a private flight though so it'll be easier to get through the airport," Dinah answered.

"I can't believe this is fucking happening," Ally mumbled as she sat back in her seat.

"He's gonna pull through, Ally. Stop assuming the worst," Normani told her.

I looked over at Camila again as Normani was comforting Ally.

Camila now had tears streaming down her cheeks as she stared out the window.

I grabbed her hand and she immediately curled into my side when she realized who it was.

"This is my fault," she mumbled into my chest as she cried.

"No, it's not. You didn't cause any of this," I told her as I rubbed her back.

"He went home because I made him promise he would find himself before he jumped into a relationship with you," Camila said.

"Did you tell him to go home? Did you tell him to go walking that late at night? Did you shoot him? No. This isn't your fault," I said, clutching onto her as my own tears started to fall.

"We're here, girls," the driver said as we pulled up at the airport.

Airport staff immediately came out to the car and escorted us in.

We were taken through private security, which I was happy about. The last thing we needed were photos of us all crying in an airport to get posted.

After we rushed through security we were escorted onto the plane.

Nobody had said a word since we got out of the car, and the thoughts that were going through my head were starting to eat me up.

I couldn't help but think about worst case scenarios no matter how hard I tried to stay positive.

I sat down in a seat, waiting for the plane to take off as I stared down at the ring he had left for me.

I felt Ally sit down next to me and lay her head on my shoulder.

"I can't believe this," I heard her mumble under her breath. "This feels like a bad dream."

I had to agree with her on that one as I pulled the ring off of my ringer.

"Ally," I said, getting her attention. "He left me this with the note. I want you to have it."

"He left you his ring?" Ally asked, taking the ring from me and looking at it.

"Yea, I don't know why he would do that, but he did."

"I can't take this. He left it for you, not me," Ally said, grabbing my hand and slipping it back on my finger.

"He gave it to you for a reason. Keep it," she told me, leaning her head back on my shoulder and closing her eyes.

I looked down at the ring, twisting it around before letting myself drift back off to sleep, wanting nothing more than for this flight to pass quickly.