18

Lauren's POV

"Where is he?" Ally asked as she paced the living room.

"He said he was going out. He didn't say where," Dinah told her as we all sat around the living room.

It's been like this for the past week. Y/n would be out late and Ally would freak out, but usually he was back by this time.

"I tried calling him, but he didn't answer," Normani said as she leaned back against the couch.

"He can't just keep disappearing like this!" Ally exclaimed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Ally, he's gonna be fine. He's probably just at a friends house or something," I tried calming her down.

I was worried too, but there wasn't much I could do here. He definitely wouldn't answer my call.

I was kicking myself at the moment for the way I had been distancing myself the past couple of weeks, but I had to do it for my sake.

I was going to break things off with Ty that one night, but things kind of got turned around.

"Lauren, do you really believe that friend bullshit he keeps using as an excuse? He's hiding something," Ally snapped.

"Okay, Ally this isn't Lauren's fault so let's not argue," Normani tried to calm her down.

"That's debatable," Ally mumbled as she sat down.

We all sat in a tense silence for a little while. I could barely handle it, but just as I was about to go to my room the front door creaked open.

We all looked at each other, assuming it was Y/n.

Sure enough Y/n came around the corner. His hair was a mess and his clothes were a little disheveled. He had a goofy smile on his face, but it quickly disappeared when he saw us.

"Where have you been? I called you like twenty times!" Ally exclaimed as she jumped up and put her hands on his shoulders.

"I was out with a friend. My phone died," he told her, showing her his phone and clicking the home button to let her see it was dead.

"You scared the hell out of me, Y/n," Ally said, pulling him into a hug.

He awkwardly hugged her back and briefly made eye contact with me over her shoulder.

"You smell like Chinese food," Ally commented when they pulled away.

"Yea, we ate Chinese food," Y/n giggled. "Can I go upstairs now?"

"Wait," Normani said, standing up and studying him.

"You were out with a friend?" She asked.

"Yea... why?"

"What's this friends name?" She challenged, raising her eyebrows with a smirk.

"Uh... Calvin," he stuttered.

"Mhmmm. Does Calvin wear perfume?" Normani asked, walking closer to him and smelling his shirt. "Because I think Calvin's perfume rubbed off on you a little."

Y/n's face flushed red and he looked at his feet.

"Now, back to my original question. You were out with a friend?" Normani asked, giving him a chance to tell the truth this time.

I shrunk down in my seat, waiting for his answer.

"Technically we are still friends," Y/n answered truthfully. "I wasn't lying."

"Mhmmm. Do you want to tell us HER real name?" Normani asked, stressing the word "her."

"I think I'm going to keep that part to myself for a little longer," Y/n told her with a small smirk.

"Oh my God," Ally mumbled as Dinah sat there with a smile.

"Calm down, Short-stack. He's practically glowing," Dinah said, motioning to Y/n. "If the girl is making him happy then let it happen."

"Right, Lauren?" Dinah asked, trying to include me in the conversation.

"Uh... I- yea," I stuttered, watching Y/n as he looked at me.

"I'm going to go to my room now," Y/n said, turning and walking up the stairs.

"Uhhh... I- yea," Dinah mocked as she sat next to me.

I just slapped her arm and rolled my eyes.

"Why did you have to ask me that?" I whined.

"You looked a little lonely over here by yourself. I thought you might want to be a part of the conversation about your ex and his new boo."

"He's not my ex. We were never together," I told her.

"Oh, right. It was strictly friends with benefits," Dinah said, making my eyes widen because Ally was still in the room.

Ally crossed her arms and looked over at me.

"No, no. We never did that," I told Ally, making her giggle.

"I know," she teased.

"Who do you guys think this girl is?" Normani asked, changing the subject as I slapped Dinah's arm for making that joke.

"I have no idea, but I really want to meet her," Ally said, and I low key rolled my eyes.

I don't want to meet her.

"He'll let us meet her when he's ready," Dinah told her.

"You think she's the reason he's been out so often?" Ally asked.

"Oh, yea. That's definitely why," Normani nodded in agreement.

I could feel my stomach drop at the thought of Y/n with this other girl. I needed to get away from this conversation.

"I'm gonna go to bed," I told the girls as I walked out of the room, listening to them continue to talk about the mystery girl as I walked up the stairs.

When I walked past Y/n's room I could hear him talking. I assumed he was playing a game until I heard him say something that made my heart drop.

"Yea, they caught me when I walked in. I didn't tell them anything. Yea, I can come over tomorrow," he said.

I knew I shouldn't have listened to his conversation but I couldn't help it.

"I wish. I want you here," he said to whoever he was talking to.

I couldn't listen to anything else and decided to just go to my room. This is going to take some getting used to.