6

Your POV

"Call if you need anything no matter how stupid you think it is," my aunt told me, holding onto my shoulders.

"Okayy, mom he isn't a baby. He's going to be fine, and I'm going to be with him all the time," Ally told her, pulling me out of her grip and handing me my bag.

"I'm sorry," my aunt said, smiling sadly at me. "Please, be careful."

"We will," Ally said, hugging her and kissing her cheek before passing her off to me. I hugged her and kissed her cheek as well before hugging my uncle goodbye.

"I'll keep it short and sweet. Just have fun and be careful," he told me, patting my back.

"Okay, we really need to get to the airport because Mani just got there and she's already mad at me for not letting her come down to meet you a couple days ago," Ally said with a giggle as she led me out of the house.

"Why didn't you let her come meet me?" I asked with a smile as we got into the uber that was waiting to take us to the airport.

"I wanted them all to meet you together, but she insisted on taking a flight together," Ally responded with an eye roll, making me giggle.

"Why do they want to meet me so bad?" I asked her.

"They think you're cute. I also talked you up so..." she trailed off, making me raise my eyebrows at her.

The rest of the ride to the airport was relatively silent. I had put in my headphones, only taking them out when I felt Ally tapping my shoulder to let me know we had arrived.

We got out of the car and a few airport employees came to take our things while a security guard came to lead us where we needed to go. I was slightly confused at this but figured this is probably because of Ally.

"You guys should be boarding in about ten minutes. You two can wait in here with your friend and a flight attendant will come to get you in a bit," the man said before leaving us alone.

Ally turned to me and fixed my hair a bit before smoothing out my clothes.

"What are you doing?" I giggled.

"Making sure you look good," she said before grabbing my hand and leading me into the small waiting area.

The next thing I knew I heard two squeals and saw Ally get pulled into a hug.

"Is this how you greet each other after every break?" I asked, effectively gaining the attention of the dark-skinned girl.

"You must be Y/n," she said, pulling away from Ally. I nodded and cowered under her gaze slightly as she looked me up and down.

"You're taller than you look in pictures," she said, confusing me. What pictures?

I didn't have time to ask her what she meant before I was pulled into a hug. I awkwardly hugged back before she pulled away.

"Lauren's sooo gonna be all over you," she said with a loud laugh.

"Mani, leave him alone," Ally interjected.

"I'm just speaking facts," the other girl said.

"Excuse me? Your flight is ready to board," a flight attendant spoke up, gesturing for us to follow.

We all followed the woman out of the small room and onto the plane. I was really confused on why we weren't boarding with everyone else.

I looked over to Ally and she seemed to catch onto my confusion.

"It's a private flight, Bubba," Ally told me, patting my back as we walked up the steps onto the plane.

"Awee, you call him Bubba?" Normani asked Ally. "That's so cute."

I blushed at Normani's comment as I sat down in one of the open seats.

I twisted the ring on my finger in circles, trying to ease myself slightly. Airplanes still made me nervous as hell.

Normani gave me a concerned look and I tried to ease her with a smile, but obviously it didn't work as she came sit next to me and grabbed my hand.

"You okay?" She asked and I nodded, but once again she didn't buy it.

"I used to be terrified of planes," she told me as the crew closed the door and the flight was prepared to take off.

Ally was on her phone in her seat, but I could tell she was semi-listening to our conversation.

"I'm not scared. I'm just not used to this," I admitted, making eye contact with the girl. She opened her mouth to say something but stopped as the plane started moving to take off.

The hold I had on her hand tightened and she brought her other hand up to pull my head onto her shoulder.

I relaxed slightly when the takeoff was over, but kept my head on Normani's shoulder, feeling myself begin to drift off.

~•~•~

Normani's POV

We were around two hours into the flight and I looked down at my shoulder to see Y/n was still sleeping.

"Let him sleep," Ally said, getting my attention. "He rarely sleeps anymore."

"What do you mean?" I asked Ally, running a hand through the boys curly hair.

"He has nightmares. He won't ever tell me what they're about, but I think you can guess," she said. "His room is right next to mine, he wakes up in a panic sometimes and it wakes me up. I usually go in and calm him down."

My heart sank at Ally's words, the boy has been through so much in just the past couple months. Just looking at him you wouldn't be able to tell.

"Why did you tell him that Lauren's gonna be all over him?" Ally asked, shaking me from my thoughts.

"I was just kidding with him because she kept saying that he was hot," I told her. "Should I not have said that?"

"I think it made him nervous," Ally laughed slightly. "Getting involved with a girl is the last thing he needs right now."

I nodded, understanding where Ally was coming from.

After another half an hour of relaxing on the plane I started to doze off, but not for long. Y/n jumped up, breathing heavily and grabbing his chest.

"Y/n? You okay?" I asked, grabbing his arm. He roughly pulled his arm out of my grasp and almost fell out of his seat before he realized it was me.

"Y/n! You're okay," Ally told him, quickly coming over from her seat to help soothe him. She pushed him back into his seat and rested her arms on his shoulders.

"I- I'm sorry," he stuttered, wiping his forehead where a thin layer of sweat had formed.

"Don't apologize," Ally said, kissing the top of his head to help him calm down. He shut his eyes tightly and sighed, feeling around and grabbing my hand, which surprised me.

"You okay?" Ally asked, earning a nod from the boy, whose breathing had significantly evened out.

He leaned his head back on my shoulder and it made me happy that I was the one comforting him.

I hadn't even known him for a day yet and I already felt like he was my brother. I felt like I should protect him, and that was exactly what I would do.