9

Your POV

One Month Later

"Y/n!"

I rolled over in bed, not wanting to get up.

"Y/n," the voice said again, a lot closer this time. "C'mon, Y/n. Get up."

"I'm tired," I mumbled into my pillow, feeling the bed dip a little and a hand begin to rub my back.

"The girls want to go to the beach today," Ally said, making me look up at her.

"You guys are off today?" I asked, not believing that they finally weren't going to be in the studio all day. They've been in the studio writing songs for their upcoming album for the past month. I haven't gone with them at all, because I didn't want to get in the way.

"Yes, they gave us a day off. Do you want to come with us or not?" She asked. "We want to spend some time with you. You never want to come with us so we don't get to spend a lot of time with you."

"Okay, I'll come. What time is it?" I asked as I sat up in my bed.

"11:30. We're leaving in like an hour, so get dressed," she said, walking out of my room.

I groaned and did as she said, changing into a bathing suit and a tank top. I grabbed my hat and backpack before heading downstairs, hearing all the girls voices become more clear as I made it to the kitchen.

"Wow, you got him to come? Nice hat," Dinah said.

"I know right," I said, putting it on my head, making her laugh.

"You want something to eat before we go?" Ally asked, holding up a breakfast sandwich she had made.

"Yea, I guess," I told her as I took it. I wasn't very hungry but I felt bad that she had made me one.

I took a bite of my sandwich and looked around, furrowing my eyebrows when I realized one girl was missing.

"Where's Lauren?" I asked.

"In her room. She didn't want to come," Normani answered.

"You should go ask her to come. She always listens to you," Dinah teased, hitting the brim of my hat down so it slightly covered my eyes.

"Be right back," I said, fixing my hat and running back upstairs.

"Laurennn," I dragged out as I knocked on her bedroom door.

I heard the music she was playing get paused before the door swung open.

"If they sent you here to convince me to come, forget it," she said, trying to close the door, but I stopped it with my foot.

"What if I was just saying hi?" I asked, watching her narrow her eyes at me.

"Honestly, I can't believe they got you to go. You never want to go places with us."

"That's not true. I just don't want to go with you guys to the studio, because I don't wanna get in the way," I said, watching her face soften. She must've realized she was being a little harsh.

"You wouldn't be in the way," Lauren sighed out as she walked into her room and laid down, leaving the door open to signal I could come in.

"Why don't you wanna come to the beach?" I asked, sitting in the chair by her desk.

"I don't know. I just woke up in a bad mood," she said.

"Well, maybe a beach day is exactly what you need," I told her, standing up and grabbing her hands to pull her into a sitting position.