36

Your POV

"Why are we hosting this again? None of you even watch football. Ally probably couldn't even tell me who the two teams playing are," I rambled to Lauren, wondering why they decided to host a super bowl party.

"Stop. You know that's not true," Lauren scolded me for teasing Ally.

"Okay, but seriously why are we hosting this?" I asked as I hoisted myself to sit on the counter as she prepared finger foods.

"Normani and Dinah wanted to host it. It'll be fun," she told me, holding a pretzel in front of my face.

I leaned forward and ate the food, making her giggle as she continued to lay out snacks.

"People should start showing up in like twenty minutes," I heard Dinah say as she walked into the kitchen and stole a chip from Lauren.

"Hey!" Lauren said as Dinah ate it and walked out with a laugh.

"Where's Normani?" I asked before she exited the kitchen.

"Upstairs," Dinah yelled back at me.

"Tell her to make sure everyone knows that upstairs is off limits!" I yelled to her.

"Stop being so uptight," Lauren told me, moving to stand in between my legs.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, leaning forward and resting my head on her shoulder.

"Loosen up, baby," she giggled, tilting my chin and kissing my lips.

Our lips stayed connected as we found a rhythm.

"Don't fuck next to the snacks," Normani said as she walked in, scaring us.

"Jesus, Normani. Announce yourself next time," I told her as I hopped off the counter.

"No, it's more fun to watch you and Lauren get scared every time."

I shook my head at the girl, pecking Lauren's lips before going to sit in the living room.

Pretty soon guests were showing up. There weren't a ton of people, but it was a decent amount.

The girls had each invited their own little friend groups, so there were around twenty people here.

"Sorry, I'm late," I heard someone say as the door opened.

I stood up when I recognized the voice, smiling when I saw who it was.

"Camila?" I asked, getting her attention.

She smiled widely and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, love. How are you doing?" She asked, taking a step back to look at me.

"A lot better," I answered.

We hadn't really seen each other since the accident. We had stayed in touch because I was still helping out with her album, I just wasn't going to the studio to help because of physical therapy.

"You look a lot better," she smiled, hugging me again briefly.

"Yea, you should see how crazy the scars look," I told her.

"Did it scar badly?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows with concern.

"My leg isn't bad. My shoulder is because of how big the incision was in surgery," I told her, pulling my shirt collar down to show her the crazy scar.

"That makes my stomach turn," she told me.

I giggled at her, letting my eyes wander behind her when I saw someone approaching.

"Hey, Camila," Lauren greeted, hugging the girl before clinging to my side.

I eyed Camila, almost apologizing with my eyes in case this was making her uncomfortable.

"So, you two are doing well?" Camila asked, sending me a small smile to let me know it was okay.

"Yea," I answered, sending her a smile in return to show her I appreciated her.

"I'm glad. You two look great together," she said.

"What about you?" Lauren asked her. "Nobody special in your life?"

"I'm a little too busy to be looking for love right now. I'm alright for now anyways," Camila giggled.

"That's no fun, but I'm glad you're doing so well. How's the album coming along?" Lauren asked.

Camila's eyes lit up as she started talking music with Lauren.

I kissed Lauren's temple before slipping away to let the girls talk.

"They seem to be getting along," Ally said as she sat down next to me.

"Yea," I said with a small laugh. "I'm glad they managed to stay friends through all of this. I don't know what I would've done if I would have ruined that."

"You wouldn't have ruined it. They seem to always find their way back to being best friends. All of us are like that. It's the sister bond," Ally giggled.

I nodded, agreeing with her as everyone began to gather into the living room when kickoff was about to start.

Lauren made her way over to me, pecking my lips before sitting next to me.

"You okay?" She asked as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

I nodded, knowing she was checking to make sure I wasn't getting to anxious with the amount of people and everything.

"I'm okay," I told her with a smile.