09

chapter nine
late

• • •

JISOO IMMEDIATELY GOT up from her seat in a rush, abandoning her finished food and empty lunch box on the table. The other employees' heads turned up to the panicked receptionist, the loud clacks of her heels sounding aggressively against the smooth floor as she ran.

"Why is she just running away?" a perplexed employee said.

"Maybe she just has to use the toilet?" another employee says, taking another sip from her coffee.

"Probably," the other employee spoke.

"Her lunch, though..."

"Don't mind it," smiled the previous employee as she went back to snacking on her food.

⋯⋯

"Ahh! Crap!" Jisoo muttered in a panic, smashing the elevator button over and over again.

"Miss Jisoo!" one of the hotel staff exclaimed upon walking towards the rushing female. "How's everything?"

"Good!" Jisoo replied. She was relieved when the elevator doors had finally opened up, and she immediately went inside, holding the 'open' button to speak to the hotel staff, "I gotta do something, bye!" she told before pushing the 'close' button and hitting on the number three button.

"Ugh, oh my god. How can I be so forgetful?" Jisoo swore at herself. Once the elevator had reached the third floor, it sounded a loud, but quick ding. Its doors opened up, and Jisoo dashed out as fast she could. She hurriedly ran with small steps in search of Jennie's room through the halls, heaves of panicked breathing being released from her lips as she was doing so.

Once she thought that she had found Jennie's door, she rang the doorbell and knocked multiple times on it as her hands drop down onto her knees.

She knocked a couple more times when she was given no immediate answer, "Jennie!! Ms. Jennie! It's me, Jis-"

The tired receptionist's sentence was cut off when suddenly the door swung open, revealing someone that wasn't Jennie at all — a tall male, with a defined muscular body stood there with a towel wrapped around his waist, covering his lower regions. Jisoo's eyes unknowingly went to look at his toned abs, and god damn did he look hot as hell.

"How may I help you...?" the awkward male questioned, his hair was wet and some droplets of water were dripping down from the tips of his strands. He obviously had just gotten out of the shower.

Coming to realization, Jisoo's eyes then dart at the door number. Turns out, she got the wrong door. 311.

Jisoo, you idiot!

"S-Sorry, wrong person. Bye!" Jisoo stutters out an embarrassed apology, her face completely flustered. She takes a deep breath and walks away from the half-naked man and once again knocked several times on the next door, which hopefully, was Jennie's.

The panicked female's actions had the male questioning her, but he decided to just shrug it off and shut his door.

"Jennie!! Jennie! Jennie!" she exclaimed, calling out to Jennie. "It's me, Jisoo! Hello!" she loudly says, ringing the doorbell multiple times. She continues to knock more and more, practically almost banging on Jennie's door now.

After just a little time has passed, the door finally opens up revealing an obviously pissed Jennie, irritation and impatience was clearly evident in her eyes and expression.

"Jennie, y-"

The receptionist was abruptly pulled by Jennie by the arm and the latter female slams the door shut by harshly pushing Jisoo against the smooth refined wood.

"You're late," Jennie told in a low, stern voice as she put her face inches close to Jisoo's.

"I know, I'm sorry. I forgot," Jisoo apologized. Her heart instantly started beating faster at how close she was to Jennie right now, and also because of the nervous feelings running through her.

Jisoo tries to squirm out of Jennie's grip, but it only caused Jennie to a bit more pissed than she already is, which resulted in her trapping the late receptionist in between her arms against the door.

"And what did I say about me waiting?" Jennie looked into Jisoo's eyes. She was quite upset that Jisoo didn't show up earlier, and it's probably already past her break time now.

Jisoo stood silent for a while, quietly staring at the guest pinning her against the door. Her lips curve into a slight, unnoticeable smirk and she takes the chance to push Jennie off and pin her against the door instead, with all the speed and strength she could get.

"I know. You don't like waiting. I won't do it again. I promise I'll make it up to you," Jisoo went close to the other female's ears and softly whispered words in them.

"Maybe I can make it up with... this..." the older female's breath touched the sensitive parts of Jennie's ear, causing her to shiver slightly. Jisoo ran her hands down Jennie's sides in a slow manner, moderately wrapping her arms around her waist before her hand gingerly ran down to Jennie's hips.

As Jisoo continued to let her hand touch Jennie in some parts of her torso, avoiding the chest area, she looked to see how Jennie's reaction was like.

The younger female was a complete red mess. Her cheeks were tinted with a deep red, and she was completely flustered — but clearly she was still mad at Jisoo. Even more mad at her now at what she was doing. It's driving her mad.

"Jisoo-" Jennie tried to stop Jisoo, but then, the older's head tilted to one side slightly, her lips going towards Jennie's slowly. The younger swallowed, and braced herself — shutting her eyes and puckering her lips up.

But then, all of a sudden, spills of giggles and laughter started to pour of Jisoo. "Ahaha!" she laughed, walking away from Jennie backwards. "You should have seen yourself! You really thought I was gonna do that?"

"What the fuck, Jisoo! You're late and you got me hella fucking impatient, then you do this shit?!" Jennie yelled, placing her hands on her hips.

"Oh come on, you can't stay mad at me. I'm sorry, alright? I promise, I really will make it up to you," Jisoo smiled softly. "But what your reaction was to what I just did is still so funny. I'm sooo not forgetting that," Jisoo added, laughing even more until her stomach started hurting.

The angered female rolled her eyes at the laughing one. She couldn't help but smile when she heard Jisoo laughing — her laugh was cute, dorky. Just like how she remembered it back then, but this time, it sounded a lot more happier.

She knew that she was going to smile, but she tried as hard as she could to cover it up to show Jisoo that she was still pissed at her for being late and keeping her waiting. Her time, was basically wasted. And to think that Jisoo could just somehow try to seduce her like that. Huh.

"Hey, are laughing at yourself too?" Jisoo walked back closer to Jennie but not too close, keeping a fair distance between them. "Haha! Sorry, I'm so sorry-" Jisoo repeatedly apologizes while more laughs came.

"You better be."