21

chapter twenty one
kiss me like it's a lie

• • •

LISA'S LIPS CRASHED against Jisoo's, the older's eyes widening in complete shock and utter surprise at the sudden action. Panic starts to build up in her entire body, and she went completely stiff as Lisa deepened the kiss more, parting her lips slightly against Jisoo's and closing them.

Jisoo's face went completely red, and she felt herself quickly running out of breath. She raised both her hands up and pushed Lisa off, abruptly breaking the deep kiss between them. Her breaths came in shaky, fast exhales. She was unable to say anything, completely speechless and lost in panic as it took over her.

There was a wide smirk plastered onto Lisa's face, her eyes narrowing cunningly at Jisoo, which caused Jisoo to panic even more, confusion blending in with the consternation felt throughout her entire body.

"Hehe." Lisa snickered, pulling her face away from Jisoo. She did not seem at all disappointed nor surprised at the panicked female's reaction, but more like she anticipated and expected that was how the outcome would be.

"Wh-Wh... What... What was th-that for?!" Jisoo stuttered, her entire body shaking, face still totally flustered, the beating of her heart had already accelerated by a higher speed than how it would normally be.

Jennie, on the other hand, saw exactly just what had happened. A very displeased look grew on Jennie's face, hints of distraught combining with the irritated female. She slammed her fist on the top of the counter, hard enough that the noise made some people look over at her direction.

She stood up from her seat with a raised fist and angry expression with slightly gritted teeth, almost like she wanted to throw her hand at Lisa, but when she saw the look on Jisoo's face gazing at her with fear sparkling in those lost eyes — she resisted, becoming reluctant to who knows what she could have just done to Lisa.

Fuck.

Jennie let her clenched fist fall by her side, letting it relax as it touched her sides. She took a sharp inhale, before turning around and resisting any strong, violent urges against Lisa.

No. I'm just overreacting. I need to calm down. Or I'll start a scene again. The thought rang onto Jennie's mind, certain memories and events flashing in her mind.

Or worse... make Jisoo think badly about me. It—was just a kiss. A small... kiss. No big deal, right? It's not like I'm super into Jisoo or anything but... why do I feel so fucking... mad?

"Excuse me." Jennie said bluntly in the calmest voice she could, turning around and walking away from Lisa and Jisoo. Soon enough, her figure disappeared almost right away as she blended in with the crowds of people making scenes on the dance floor, but Jisoo was somehow able to tell where Jennie could be going, since she was the only one walking straight ahead through the masses of people.

"Jennie, wait!" Jisoo quickly got up and was about to follow Jennie, but was pulled back by Lisa, who was holding tightly onto her wrist.

"Leave that moody bitch bitch alone... Stay with me instead, please?" Lisa implored, pulling Jisoo closer by her wrist as she looked up at her with ridiculous-looking puppy eyes, begging. "Let's have some fun~" Lisa added, rubbing her cheek against Jisoo's arm.