16

chapter sixteen
breath-taking

• • •

JENNIE WAS SPEECHLESS, completely struck by how different the female looked in a disparate outfit other than her usual uniform. It really showed off Jisoo's lovely body more, and it could not have been better for Jennie.

"Oh, don't worry about that. You'll get used to it," Jennie responds with a mischievous smile. "It won't hurt you too much, but if it does, we can always switch clothes, y'know."

"No way," Jisoo retorted. "I think I'll just die as soon as I have..." pausing, she raises up a finger and points at the other female's outfit, "...those clothes on. Do you breathe through your knees or something?"

The older female received a spill of laughter from Jennie. "Haha, if only~" she joked, lightly hitting Jisoo on the shoulder.

"Okay, so... what now?" Jisoo looked up at the female, awkwardly standing there with her outfit on in a stiff-looking manner. Even when she wasn't doing much, Jisoo still looked beautiful in Jennie's chosen attire for her.

"We-"

Jennie's sentence got abruptly cut off when she heard some loud, continuous footsteps coming from within the store. She shot her head around, grabbing Jisoo's wrist and gripping tightly onto it, making sure that she prepares herself and the other girl for any sudden action.

"Ah!" Jisoo squeaked, and using Jennie's other hand, she immediately brings it close to Jisoo right after she made the noise and shushed her with her index finger.

"We have to get out of here. I think someone else is in here here-" Jennie softly whispered, worriedly looking at Jisoo, panic somewhat evident in her eyes.

"But you just dropped my uniform-"

"Is someone there?" a man's voice sounded, somewhere from a distance that didn't seem to be that far.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck-" Jennie whispered. Panic started building up in her, her heart beginning to race.  "We have to get out of here-"

Then suddenly there was a bright light being flashed against the two panicked girls that were both trying to think of how to safely get out.

They saw the man. He was wearing what seemed to be a police's uniform, a flashlight in one hand and a half-eaten doughnut on the other.

"What are you two ladies doing here?!" the police officer exclaimed.

"Uh, sir... w-we work here." Jisoo stammered out a lie, her arms were slightly shaking in fear, but she tried to calm herself down by softly taking in deep breaths.

"But why is everything dark? Also, I'm pretty sure I saw someone break in this store. Do you know where they could be?"

...Is this guy fucking dumb? Jennie looked at the male with confusion all over her face.

"Uh, um... T-the, the people that broke in here damaged the electricity stuff and we're trying to fix it," Jisoo lied again, but this time she spoke more confidently, affirming the police officer.

"I see..." the police officer bobbed his head, nodding. "You two beautiful ladies should get home now, leave this case to me!" the man winked at them.

The two glanced at each other, internally cringing at the police man's actions.

"Okay, see you, sir. Remember to tell us if you found those, uh... people! Yeah. Bye!" Jisoo smiled sweetly, waving at the police officer before going out of the store and taking the flashlight from Jennie, waving it around to safely navigate their way out of the store, leaving the dumb police officer behind.

⋯⋯

AUTHOR'S NOTE
okay guys im sorry this chapter took a while and is probably the shortest (i'll make it up with the next chapter) but i was having a hard time trying to find the time to write and also because i had writer's block. anyway this is kinda like a filler chapter AND THE NEXT CHAPTER IS REALLT WHEN THEY GET TO THE CLUB NOW OOOF