10

chapter ten
second chances

• • •

JISOO BACKED AWAY from Jennie and wiped away the tear that was coming out in the corner of her eye from laughing so much. "I am so sorry..." her laughs lessened, apologizing once again. Jennie was now twice as annoyed at the older — she couldn't even look at her directly in the face without turning red again.

"I have break again by six... can we just meet up again at that time? Reaaal sorry, Ms. Jennie..." the receptionist scratched the back of her neck, flashing an awkward smile.

"Stop apologizing, god." Jennie stomped once as she shot the older female an irked face. "I forgive you, alright?"

The female didn't want to go all out on Jisoo. After all, it's a little too soon for her to get so mad at her—actually, she shouldn't. She needed to calm herself and hold it together, or else she might start an unnecessary fight with the girl she wanted to develop a nice friendship with.

Having her eyes closed, Jennie took a deep breath, taking a brief moment to cool herself down to nicely speak to Jisoo. She's already been harsh enough to her...

"Okay. 6 PM. Please be here. I..." Jennie looked away from her, lightly chewing on her bottom lip nervously. "...I really wanna spend more time with you. That's all–"

"Me too!" Jisoo's lips curved into a delicate smile in immediate response. "Anyway... my break is... actually over now. It ended minutes ago. I should head back to work, or I might get scolded at," she looked down slightly.

Jisoo turned to the door and held onto the handle, "I'll see you later, Jen," she swung the door open and stepped outside, gesturing a wave at Jennie before completely exiting.

Once the receptionist had finally left to get back to work, the younger female rolled her eyes at the door and headed to the bed, plopping down onto it with her arms crossed.

"Damn it!" she curses softly. "Why the fuck is break only thirty minutes long? Shit-ass schedule..."

Jennie kicked off her shoes while on her bed and let them drop down on the floor.

"Fuck, I should have been more nicer!"

She pushed herself down onto the bed, letting both of her arms flop on down on both sides of the bed spread wide open. She rolls over to her side and got into a fetal position, wrapping her arms around her legs as she she kept them close to her chest.

She then buried her face into her knees, letting out a frustrated, muffled groan.

After what seemed like a long time, Jennie got out of her sulking position and got up from the soft, messy bed. She walked around the floor barefoot for a bit to keep her mind off of things.

"Ugh. You know what? I'll just go and have a nap. It's not like I feel like doing anything—might as well just sleep it away."

And so with that, Jennie ran back to her bed and pulled the blankets over her. She got all snuggled up and inhaled the fresh scent of the beddings, looking out the window and enjoying the little silence surrounding her room. She slowly closes her eyes, and falls into slumber peacefully.

⋯⋯

"No sir, this isn't Chilis," Jisoo said, trapping the telephone by her ear and shoulder raised up whilst writing some things down. "Like I said, this is a hotel you're calling. Gugsu Hotel to be exact. You have dialed the wrong number and I am not playing any pranks on you, sir. I don't know the correct phone number for Chilis, but if you want, you can come over at our hotel and experience luxuries at an affordable price."

"I don't want no hotel!" exclaimed the man from other line.

The female just shook her head in disappointment, pulling the phone away from her ear. She could still hear the nonsense the man was blabbering even with the phone away from her ear—his voice was at such a loud volume. Without further ado, she hung up on him and released a deep sigh.

"Gosh damn..."

"Who was that?" another female receptionist asks.

"Just some guy," Jisoo firmly responded. "I can't believe it always has to be me dealing with this kind of stuff..."

"Hey, it's alright. At least you handle it well," the other female said cheekily, giving Jisoo a light pat on the back, showing some comfort.

"Yeah..." she looked down and took her phone out, pressing down on the home button to check the time.

5:59 PM.

"Oh hey. It's almost time for my break!" she looked up from her phone and placed it back into the pockets of her skirt. "Anyway... I better get going. See you later, good luck."

Jisoo smiled softly at her co-woker, lightly bowing before going out of the reception table and heading to the elevators.

"Where are you going? Isn't the office just right over there...?" the previous female asked as she spot Jisoo going towards the elevators, a puzzled expression on her face.

"Oh!" Jisoo laughed nervously. "I'm just gonna... uhm..." she paused in her sentence, thinking of an excuse that was convincing enough. It wasn't really ordinary for a receptionist especially like Jisoo, to be going up somewhere else, unless she was told to, that is. Supposedly, she should head to the private office only and have her break there.

But it didn't hurt to go and just meet up with a guest during this time, right? It's not like anyone would tell.

At least, that's what Jisoo had thought.

"Uhm... I'm gonna go and visit my... my cousin! She told me yesterday that she was gonna be here and we should meet each other at her room. I really miss talking to her, so yeah..."

"Aw, that's so sweet," the other girl cooed.

"Yeah, I'll get going now. Don't wanna keep her waiting now, right?" Jisoo laughed again, pressing on the elevator button, and luckily enough, an elevator opened quickly, and she entered.

"Ah, Jennie... I hope you're proud of me this time," she softly whispers to herself as she goes up to Jennie's floor.