17

chapter seventeen
flashy lights

• • •

"ABOUT TIME WE escape. Also, that was so fuckin' easy!"' Jennie threw her fist into the air in glee, shouting out cheers by herself before glancing at Jisoo, raising her hand up towards the older's face, expecting a high five from her.

"Yay...?" Jisoo nervously exclaimed softly. Seeing the hand near her, she was unsure of what to do, so she just gently hit Jennie's hand with a light fist bump.

"Oh." Jennie's wide smile vanished quickly when she was given the wrong response, but didn't really mind it so much—she actually found it very adorable.

"What?" Jisoo cocked her head slightly in confusion.

"Nothing," Jennie giggled. "Alright! So now you look hella hot and tasty now, we can head to the club and spend real quality time with each other!" she winked at Jisoo, her hands formed into guns that were pointing at the other female.

"Tasty...?"

"Tasty, you know—like, you look like a snack?" Jennie awkwardly laughed as she tried to explain to Jisoo. Gosh, is this girl really always doing her job?

"Just a snack? I thought I'd be a full-course, five-star rating feast," a smirk crept onto Jisoo's lips slowly, "Too bad you only get a snack."

Never mind.

"Eh?!" Jennie's cheeks slightly reddened, averting her gaze from the older, trying to hide her flustered expression. She absolutely hated feeling so weak around that girl. Damn it Jennie, calm your fucking inner gay down!

"Ugh!" Jennie took a sharp inhale, her fists clenched tightly. She tried to calm herself down, trying to get away from her panicked state. Ready to face Jisoo again, she shows a much more relaxed, serious-looking expression.

"Alright. L-Let's just head to the club now. It's not that far from here..." Jennie said, before starting to walk ahead of Jisoo, taking fast, big steps, as if trying to get away from the older female.

"Hm," Jisoo shrugged her shoulders, hands by her sides as she walked behind Jennie, following her around.

⋯⋯

Some time has passed, Jennie and Jisoo were walking alongside each other without saying much, except for the occasional quick glances at each other and inconsistent speed of their movements.

"Are we almost there?" Jisoo finally spoke out, breaking the silence that seemed to last the entire walk all the way to this club Jennie told her about.

"Yeah, don't worry. I already see the sign from here."

"Huh? Where?" the receptionist raised her head up, searching around for the sign that the younger female was talking about.

"It's a colorful big ass neon sign. It's just right ahead," Jennie kept her eyes on the sign as they were both getting closer to it.

"Oh! I think I see it now!" Jisoo exclaimed.

"Great, you're not blind!" Jennie said back in a sarcastic-sounding tone of voice, playful spills of laughter being followed after.

"Thank you, Jinnie." Jisoo chuckled, putting emphasis on the nickname she gave to Jennie — some form of revenge she made against Jennie

It's that god damn nickname again! Jennie yelled in her mind.

"You are very much welcome, Jesu," the female rolled her eyes.

"Oh hey, we're almost there. Come on, let's run! Last one to get there has a wrinkly tits!" Jennie laughed childishly, sticking her tongue out at Jisoo then swiftly running towards the entrance of the nightclub as fast as she can, leaving Jisoo behind.

"Oh hell no!" Jisoo laughed back, running after Jennie as soon as she ran off. She was able to catch up with Jennie slightly, being a few inches away from her in distance. But since she was running in heels, she tripped and fell down clumsily.

Jennie, knew that she tripped. But didn't bother helping her up, she just kept running off. How heartless.

Jisoo shook her head in disappointment at Jennie's actions as she slowly helped herself up and continued to run despite the horrible pain she felt in her feet. Don't even ask how is she still alive, she is Kim Jisoo after all.

The older female was skilled enough to keep up with Jennie, and now they were both aligned with each other and running at the same speed. Eventually, they both reach the carpets of the nightclub in less than a few minutes because of their speed and determination.

"Oh. Would you look at that, it's a tie." Jennie said, a little disappointed in herself. She wanted to win so badly, but Jisoo sure as hell was fast and very... competitive. Very different from how Jennie remembered.

"So, are we both the winners or do we both have wrinkly breasts?" Jisoo questioned, her arms crossed.

"Ew, fuck no. I have pretty nice boobs, you know." Jennie scoffed, turning her heel over Jisoo.

"Okay, good for you. I've got a nice dick," Jisoo smiled in a friendly manner, right after just saying that.

"What?" Jennie looked at her confused, and in disgust.

"Huh? I thought we were saying nice stuff about things we didn't have?" Jisoo looked back at Jennie in the same way, excluding the disgust in her expression.

"Hey! These tits a-are r-real!" Jennie stuttered, unconsciously glancing down at her own chest. Yep, they're there

"I'm just messing with you," Jisoo giggled softly. Her eyes look away from Jennie, and she turns to the sign. It was bright, flashy and kept shifting colors in neon shades, in which it glowed brightly in the dark.

"Whatever. Anyways... there's actually a long ass line at the other side of this. And since we probably don't have our ID's, I'm gonna call my friend and tell her to get us in from this other entrance," Jennie stated.

"Wow, we've done two illegal things in a row."

"We're both legal, so that makes this situation half illegal." Jennie protested, pulling her phone out and dialing Lisa's number.

"How old are you anyway?" Jisoo titled her head slightly, carefully eyeing Jennie.

"I'm twenty-two. Born in nineteen ninety-six, aye."

"Oh, I'm older than you. I'm twenty-three. So... that makes me your unnie~" Jisoo went close to Jennie, placing her hand on top of Jennie's head and giving it gentle pats.

"By a year!" Jennie shook her head, moving a step back to get away from the older female's touch. 

After Jennie finished dialing her friend's number, she put her phone close to her ear and waited for an answer.

"WHATTA BUM BUM WHATTA BUM BUM WHATTA BUM WHATTA BUM BUM"

⋯⋯

AUTHOR'S NOTE
i swear guys in the next chapter THEY REALLY WILL BE IN THE CLUB NOW