18

chapter eighteen
strange encounter

• • •

"HEY, IT'S JENNIE speaking. You in the club?" Jennie questions over the phone, taking a good look around her surroundings carefully.

Jisoo went near the wall with neon red flashed against it, resting her back on top of it

Jisoo went near the wall with neon red flashed against it, resting her back on top of it. She watched as Jennie spoke on the phone, silently from a distance while every now and then, checking around the area.

"Jennie-ah!! I thought you'd never arrive. What took you so looong?" the voice from the other line said, hiccuping in between words. Clearly, Lisa drank a lot of alcohol now, but thankfully she wasn't too drunk—Jennie hoped, at least.

"Yeah, yeah, you know when I make a promise I won't break it," Jennie softly giggled. "Let's not waste time now. Could you come out and get me and my friend in?" the female demanded rather in an impatient voice.

"Friend? You brought a friend with 'cha?" Lisa let out a light hic towards the end of her sentence. "Lemme meet him~"

"Haha," Jennie laughed when she heard that Lisa thought she brought a guy with her. "Yeah, sure. You'll meet him very, very soon~" her lips form into an asymmetrical smile, her eyes turning to look at Jisoo on the emphasized 'him'. "Now get your ass here and take me and him there."

And with that, Jennie takes the phone away from her ear and hung up on Lisa. She then goes towards Jisoo, standing next to her with a cheeky-looking smile, her hand stiffly placed behind her neck.

"So... you feelin' excited about this?"

"I guess so? I mean, like I said, I've never really been to a place like this before, so this whole thing feels really... crazy. Especially after we just... broke in a store—"

An index finger was quickly placed on top of Jisoo's lips, a pair of nonchalant eyes looking into her.

The older girl's words were abruptly quieted, glassy eyes looking back at Jennie's. Slowly, the other female slid the tip of her pale fingers steadily down to the receptionist's bottom lip, Jennie's dark brown eyes watching her own finger move away from Jisoo's lips.

There was a stain of red on her finger now, however Jennie wasn't very bothered by it. Actually, at least she got a bit of Jisoo's marks on her.

The two females stare at each other in silence, the only noise being the cool air in the late night and the occasional sounds of vehicles driving by the road. Jennie walked a step closer to the girl in front of her, a gentle breath escaping her coated lips as she began to slowly approach the older, little by little breaking the small distance between them.