26

chapter twenty six
blackpink - stay

• • •

"DON'T GO..." JISOO frowned, holding onto Jennie's hand tightly. "Where are you even going?" she asked, finally letting of Jennie's hand while still standing behind Jennie, guarding her.

"It's none of your business, Jisoo..." Jennie softly sighed in reply, head ducked down towards the floor. She turned around and faced Jisoo, tilting her head, her lips curved into an awkward smile. "It's not important anyway. But..." Jennie paused once again, putting all her weight on one leg.

"Just stay with me, please?" Jisoo continued, placing her hands together as if to beg her to not leave. "Take this as a chance, a better one, to hang out with each other. In peace." Jisoo put her hands down, clasping them together. "To know each other better..." she continued.

"Pffft," Jennie chuckled walking towards Jisoo and wrapping her arms around the female, pulling her into an embrace. "Okay. I'll stay with you," she smiled softly before pulling away from the hug, then heading back to the bed they were both in just a while ago and plopped down onto it, bouncing on the fluffy cushion like a child.

Jisoo laughed as well, following Jennie to the bed and laying down next to her, hands held together just right on top of her stomach. "You really like to stick around a lot, don't you...?" Jisoo looked up at Jennie, flashing a content smile at her. She was glad that Jennie chose to stay with her.

"Well," Jennie laid down next to Jisoo, looking back at her with a goofy smile on. "It's nice to be around you. Too bad we probably won't have time with each other anymore when you go back to work."

"We can always meet up after my work. Though, I rarely ever get enough sleep these days... My shift ends at midnight, then I have to go back early in the morning as well. No time to sleep at all!" Jisoo sighed, opening up about things that often stress her out a lot. "Though, I heard that my schedule would be changed soon. That's good."

"Meeting up after your work? Sounds great to me." Jennie turned to her side, her hands buried under the side of her face.

"Hey, Jennie..."

"Hm, what is it?"

"Do you have a job?" Jisoo asked. "You look like the kind of person to have a lot of free time in their hands."

"Uh..." Jennie averted her gaze, thinking to herself. She stayed quiet for a bit, wondering what she should tell Jisoo. "Well, um, I used to have a job. But it's kind of hard to explain what exactly it is..."

"Oh, then no need to tell me then." Jisoo reached her hand out to Jennie, placing it on top of her. "Then, does that mean you're currently unemployed now?"

"Eh, it's alright." Jennie shrugged her shoulders, turning over to look at the other side of the large room they were in. "I've got all the money I need anyway. Having a job isn't fun, and just a waste of my time. Nothing special either if you have one."

"Are you saying I'm not a special person?" Jisoo inched closer towards Jennie, throwing her arm over her body while placing her leg on top of the younger, snuggling up close to her.

"U-Um..." Jennie was surprised at the action, her cheeks glowing a bright red, her heart starting to pound against her chest as she felt the warmth of Jisoo's body being transferred to hers. "No, it's not that..."

Damn it... I'm getting all nervous and awkward again. Jennie was so ready to scream in her mind, but had to keep herself calm. This was probably one of the few times she got extremely close to Jisoo.

"Well, even if you say those stuff, there's always things about someone that make them so special. No matter who they are," Jisoo commented, pulling Jennie closer to her, completely closing the small distance between them on the bed they laid down together on. "That's what I see in you. When I first met you, I wanted to know so much about you. There was just something about you, you know."

Jennie could feel her face becoming even more flustered at all the flattery she was getting from Jisoo. It made a soft smile form on her slightly quivering lips, unable to stop the loud beating of her heart being in a position like this, as well as such words ringing into her ears.

"I didn't know that you would be this kind of person, though. Like there's some kind of switch on your back," Jisoo moved her body away a little, placing her hand on Jennie's back and tracing down the shape of her spine with her fingertips against the clothing covering Jennie's skin.

"Wh-What?" Jennie moved away from Jisoo's touch, since it felt ticklish when the older was sliding her fingers down on her back ever so lightly like a feather's touch.

"Well, first you look like your usual, everyday girl. Then the next thing you know, you're beating people up and stealing stuff. Makes me really wonder more about you..." Jisoo didn't mind that Jennie moved away from her, but she still had her limbs clinging onto her.

"...If I were a guy, you probably would have hit me and called the police." Jennie muttered out, curling into a fetal position, hugging her knees together. "Besides, was the shit I just did not enough for you to stay away from someone like me? I don't want you to get hurt any more, Jisoo."

"Shush!" Jisoo rolled further towards Jennie, pulling her into an embrace. "I still think you're a cool person, Jennie. I believe that if we become better friends, something would really blossom within us. My life has always been boring... that is, until I met you. You sure did give me some kind of thrilling adventure." Jisoo chuckled.

"You're saying that as if it's just your first time meeting me—" Jennie's eyes widened, realizing what she said. "Never mind what I said. Sorry."

"There you go again with that," Jisoo laughed softly as she reminisced a certain memory with Jennie. "Also," Jisoo pulled away from Jennie, sitting up. "Is it okay to use the shower here? I feel kinda... hmm... unhygienic."

"Uh, yeah. It's right outside this room. Just head to the left side and it should be there," Jennie coughed, clearing her throat. She got up as well and stood up from the bed.

"You seem to know this place really well," Jisoo commented.

"I've been here countless of times. Of course I'd know..." Jennie replied, fixing her hair up a little, combing through the strands of her hair using her fingers.

"Oh man, I've been working at the hotel for about two years now, and I still don't know the whole place." Jisoo laughed at herself, sighing softly. "You don't mind if you take me there, right?"

"Not at all..." Jennie smiled, beginning to walk outside of the room. "Follow me."

Jisoo followed behind Jennie, going close to her and whispering in her ear from behind her: "Then you don't mind if I take you with me in the shower, either?"

"H-H-Huh...?!?!