11

chapter eleven
one more time

• • •

THE ELEVATOR DOORS opened up as it finally reached the third floor. Jisoo stepped out of the elevator and walked herself through the hallways, making sure to keep an eye on the numbers of the door. She didn't want to repeat the same embarrassing mistake that had happened—though, she didn't mind seeing that guy from earlier again. Or did she?

Once she has reached Jennie's door, she inhaled deeply and looked up at the number embedded onto the door.

312.

"Okay, 312. This should be Jennie's door..."

Without any second thought, she starts to knock on the door multiple times while calling out Jennie's name.

"Jennie! Helloooo!" she called out, continuing to knock on her door.

"Huh, is she not around right now?" Jisoo thought, wondering why Jennie isn't answering the door. Anyway, she kept knocking at her door, and with each more knocks, she tried to send louder knocks.

While she was calling out the Jennie's name and knocking on her door, a janitor passes by and sees the receptionist by a guest's door.

"Jisoo, what are you doing here?" the janitor asked, looking at her questionably. "Shouldn't you be at the office right now?"

"Oh! Chanyeol," she giggled nervously. "Umm... I'm actually seeing my cousin right now, haha. But it seems that she won't answer the door..."

"I see..." Chanyeol, the janitor, nodded his head slowly. "Okay... have fun, then," he smiled at her before heading off to clean some other parts of the hotel he was assigned to.

"Oh gosh..." Jisoo whispered quietly, still knocking on Jennie's door, hoping that by now she would open the door.

"Jennie!! I'm here now! If you're still mad at me for being late, I'm sorry! Please open the door!"

Even with her pleas and raised voice, there was still no response or answer at all, which resulted in a deep sigh coming out of Jisoo's mouth. She decided to give her a call by going to her messages, remembering that Jennie had texted her and she probably forgot to save her number. This time, she will.

Once she had found Jennie's phone number, she then gave it a call. Keeping her phone close to her ear while she was still knocking, all she could hear was the ringing from the other line.

No answer.

"Seriously?" she groaned.

She decided to give Jennie more calls, knocking and knocking, then stopping at some point to just call her instead.

"Gosh, Jennie... I only have 25 minutes of break and we're running out of time," she muttered out while on the phone. "Don't tell me I got the wrong room again? I'm pretty sure this was your room... Or did you leave your phone or something...?"

Worries started swiveling through Jisoo's head, and she was starting to get upset when all her calls wouldn't be answered or when no one would open the door. She was really eager and looking forward to spend some more time with Jennie, a guest that she grew a little liking on for. She was just interested in knowing more about her, but it didn't mean that she was totally into her or anything like that. It would be a huge bummer if it turned out Jennie wasn't around.