25

chapter twenty five
return

• • •

"JENNIE, WAKE UP!" Jisoo screamed as she shook the sleeping female's body, attempting to wake her up. Jennie's eyes went wide open, waking up with shaky, rapid breaths escaping her lips, sweat covering her entire body, the fabric of her cloths sticking to her skin due to the amount of sweat she was producing.

"J-Jisoo..?!" Jennie looked at the older with a lost expression. She was waken from a strange dream she was having about Jisoo, and it really was, very strange. It was quite unimaginable that she would dream about her friend in a very inappropriate way, but something about the dream was alarming. It felt like the Jisoo she saw in that dream, wasn't Jisoo at all. The dream, instead of being pleasant, took more on a darker feeling.

Maybe it was the comments the dream Jisoo was throwing at Jennie, telling her that she should be locked up in prison, that she was a bad girl — those were all words Jennie didn't want to hear. Such things could leave such a painful stab in her heart, and because that they were all true anyway.

"Jennie... oh my god..." Jisoo's expression softened, wrapping her arms around Jennie, pulling her into a tight hug, her fingers tightly gripping on the back of her shirt. She buried her face into the female's shoulder, her weak body beginning to tremble.

"Jennie..." Jisoo cried out, "...I'm sorry about what I did..." she apologized, referring to her getting angry at Jennie back at the club. Memories of the violent scene from that police incident was haunting Jisoo, slowly getting more traumatized with each scene flashing more in her head in detail.

"Can we please... go back... to the hotel. I...I'm already late for work, too..." Jisoo tried to be nicer to Jennie as she spoke, trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere around them. Even though anyone would be mad at someone like Jennie for doing such a sin, Jisoo wanted to be forgiving of Jennie. She wanted to see through the bad in what Jennie did—she believed that Jennie was just protecting the both of them. She didn't want to get angrier with her.

"Jisoo... No..." Jennie shook her head, a little hesitant at first to hug Jisoo back, but lightly returned the action by just giving the older female's back with gentle rubs. "I-I should be the one who's sorry. You know exactly what I just did. Because of me, I put you in such a big mess. You... You didn't have to go through this. I should have just left you alone. I'm sorry. Really," she said, as she pulled Jisoo closer to her.

"I don't think that I would be a good friend to be around. We obviously live differently," Jennie slowly pushed away from the hug, moving further away from Jisoo. "I don't think we'd match up well. I'm so sorry, Jisoo. I... don't know how I'd make it up to you, for giving you so much trouble and—"

Jisoo cut Jennie's sentence off by slapping the side of her arm with an unhappy look on her face. "Jennie. Don't say that, please. I just— we can just... Ugh..." the receptionist heaved out a sigh, looking away from Jennie. "Damn it. I don't know what to think about anymore..."

"Jisoo..." Jennie called her name out softly, sadness forming in her eyes. "I think you should just rest for a while. I'm sure that you're feeling really tired right now. And... go back to work the next day. Just say that you got sick or something..."

"What are you saying?" Jisoo looked back at Jennie, a look of disapproval evident on her face. "I have to go work, I just wanna go back there and everything to be normal again. I need to forget about that incident, I have to—"

"Of course you need to forget about that." Jennie turned away from the older, looking down at the floor. "You need to forget about me soon, as well. I'm..." Jennie paused, thinking in her mind for a moment.