15

chapter fifteen
dress up in the dark

• • •

REALIZING THE POSITION they were both in, Jennie shot her eyes open and she got off the older female in panic, hitting her arm on something as she flung them around. Her face was a clear shade of red, completely embarrassed. Supposed, she was going to show what a badass girl she was to Jisoo, but that seemed to take an opposite turn.

Jennie reached out her hand to the poor girl that was still on the floor. "I'm soo sorry..." she apologizes as she stuck her hand out.

Jisoo was able to tell Jennie's hand was reached out for her to hold on, but she safely and carefully got up by her own without holding onto the younger girl's hand, dusting out her skirt.

Even though it was quite dark inside, the flash from the phone being the only light source they could have asides from the moonlight, Jisoo can tell that Jennie's hand was just awkwardly stuck out, soft laughters escaping the receptionist's lips. She took Jennie's hand, pressing her fingers against her palm and putting it down. "No need, but I appreciate it, Jinnie."

The feeling of Jisoo's fingertips against Jennie's warm hand felt cold, but she didn't mind. She just flashed the older female a crooked smile, laughing shyly back at her. "Glad to hear that... Jesu."

They both giggle at each other's nicknames.

"A-Anyways... I..." Jennie looked behind her, searching for that thing that her arm bumped into earlier. She flashed her phone around and eventually, it didn't take her that long until she found a stick that could be used to reach over places that were too high up.

"Hey... I can use this to destroy more cameras. And I'm surprised this place didn't alarm on us, huh..."

And so, with the stick she found, she searched for more security cameras and smashed as many as she could find around the store, with Jisoo standing there with her hands over her ears, flinching at the sounds of shattering every now and then. Once most of it was done, because I don't need to say the whole thing about this scene, because it would be unnecessary — it was about time they do some shopping.

"Alright, Jisoo. Let's club you the fuck up!" Jennie once again, grabbed her by her wrist and started dragging her around the store. In the dark.

"Wait, wait!" the female exclaimed, wiggling her hand out of Jennie's grip. "Can't you at least turn the lights on? I can barely see anything in her. Well... kind of..."

"Jisoo," Jennie sighed in an irritated, impatient-sounding manner. "If we had the lights on at this time of the damn day, people that pass by might be wondering why this shop's still open. Also, we just broke in here too, so... as much as possible, let's try not to be too... hmm... suspicious, yeah?"

Jisoo was even more not in favor of this kind of idea, even though not too long ago, she had agreed to this. Too bad she couldn't back away now.

"As if we weren't already when you dragged me out..." Jisoo muttered out, looking away from the female in annoyance.

"Don't be like that," Jennie tittered, soft waves of laughter coming from her lips as she tried to lighten up the receptionist's mood. "I just didn't wanna waste too much time, y'know? I'm young, life's short, might as well make the use of all my breathing time while I still can."

Jisoo stood there, laughing back at Jennie after she listened to her quick ramble about life.

"Hm," Jennie's smile slightly faded, but it didn't change her carefree expression much. "So, like I said. We're not gonna waste any shit now so let's get you dolled up, princess." Jennie winked playfully.