12

chapter twelve
clubbing?

• • •

THE RECEPTIONIST'S EYES widened at the younger female's idea. She herself has never ever been in a club, or to a party, not even someone's birthday — she was never invited into any of those kinds of events. But hearing that she would be going to a club tonight, sounded quite life-changing.

"A... A club." Jisoo stammered, monotonously saying the last word.

"Yes, a club. It's gonna be fun," Jennie assured, trying to pursue her into the idea. "Have you never been at a club before?"

"Um..." Jisoo looked down, unconsciously scratching the back of her neck lightly as the tips of her clear-coated nails dragged itself up and down the base of her neck as she thought of a proper reply to the female — that she really never has been to a club before.

"Actually, uh... I have been in a club before! Just been a reeeally long time since I last went to one, you know..." she lied, dry laughter following after.

"That's cool," Jennie did a thumbs-up. "Then tonight, right after your shift, get ready and we'll leave around 1 AM. You are gonna have the time of your life." Jennie said excitedly, making sassy movements with her hands as eagerness sparked up in her. "Please, please... you gotta come," Jennie implored.

"Hmm... a-alright. I'll think about it," Jisoo shot an uncertain, but seemingly genuine smile.

"Yay~ You better go, or else." Jennie cheered, her tone of voice immediately shifting into a more serious, stern voice towards the end of her short sentence.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about it..." the receptionist looked down and let out a soft sigh, silently thinking about whether or not she should go clubbing with someone she doesn't exactly know very well, but she does enjoy being with her.

But sleep was also valuable to Jisoo, and the following day, she would have to wake up early and go do her job.

Thousands and thousands of thoughts popped into the conflicted receptionist's head, and she has already pretty much spaced out and gone silent in front of Jennie, with different images and perceptions being loudly presented inside Jisoo's head as she thought hard about her choice.

"Jisoo... Jisoo, you okay there?" Jennie called out as she noticed that the older female had gone silent, waving her hand rapidly in front of Jisoo's face. "Earth-to-Jisoooo~"

Jisoo was snapped back to reality and released from her deep thinking. She looked at Jennie who seemed to have a puzzled expression on, probably because of Jisoo's sudden silence in the middle of their conversation.

"Oh, s-sorry! Um..." Jisoo stuttered out a small apology, trying as much as possible to make up a good choice that will hopefully not ruin her job as a hotel worker, and most importantly, her life.

It's either she goes to a club, come home late (and possibly drunk), and go to work late or not at all...

or save it for a different day where she can party all night long, and just resume her current schedule.

"So, you comin'? Money's all on me," Jennie winked at her, which was paired with a cheeky smile.

"You know, Jennie... I'd love to go to a club with you, but–"

"Oh come on, Jisoo! Don't be such a killjoy. Just go already." Jennie said forcefully, abruptly cutting off the older's sentence and butting hers in.

As much as Jisoo wanted to go, she just can't. For now, at least. But she didn't want to upset her friend Jennie, so without thinking much about it again, she spat out an: "O...Okay. Fine. I'll go."

"Great!" Jennie exclaimed and clapped her hands together softly to show that she was ecstatic about Jisoo's answer. "Guess I'll see you soon again then, huh gorgeous?"

Gorgeous...? Did she just call me— wait no....

Jisoo's cheeks flushed a soft pink that wasn't so visible or opaque, but she was clearly flustered by just how fast her facial expression just changed after being called 'gorgeous' by another girl she also happened to—well, think she's very gorgeous.

"Ye-Yeah! Can't wait, woo!" Jisoo swung her arm, laughing nervously out of habit whenever she felt slightly tensed.

"That's what I wanna hear. Anyway, don't worry about going back home to pick out your clothes, I'll take you to shopping." Jennie finger-gunned at the other female, shaking them excitedly.

"Shopping? But don't all stores close already later...?" Jisoo squinted her eyes.

"Well, yes," Jennie tapped her chin, nodding her head. "But I know a way, so don't you worry."

"Okay... are you sure about this, though?"

"Of course I am. We may have just met a few days ago, but it's never too late or too early to go clubbing together, right?"

Jisoo just nodded her head while awkwardly smiling so wide all rows of her teeth were showing and her cheeks were aching. She really wasn't sure if what she's doing was right, but then again, she didn't want to disappoint Jennie.

⋯⋯

AUTHOR'S NOTE
hello everyone! its been a while since i last updated this book, thank you for being patient as always. anyways, updates may be a lot slower this month so please bare with me! for now have this shorter chapter which is more on the filler side

...asides from that, blackpink is having their cb very soon! tomorrow actually!!!! do everything you can to show love and support for the girls. they worked really hard and lets all show them how much we appreciate them!!! fighting