27

chapter twenty seven
discover

• • •

"HEHE," JISOO LAUGHED, moving away from the embarrassed girl. "I'm just kidding!" she placed her hand on top of Jennie's shoulder, patting them assuringly.

There was a little silence, the both of them stopping their walk going to the bathroom. A deep sigh left Jennie's lips, turning around and facing the older with red tinted cheeks. "Of course you are... Too bad you won't be seeing what a gorgeous body I have." Jennie smirked, crossing her arms as she tried to gain back her usual cocky confidence.

"Sorry, I'm not really into that." Jisoo placed her hands on her hips, showing that she was ready to fight back at Jennie's remarks thrown at her.

Jennie's cheeks darkened, getting the wrong idea about what Jisoo said. She felt quite disheartened about the other's statement, assuming that Jisoo is straight after all. Oh boy.

Wait a minute. What the fuck am I thinking? I can't be actually like, LIKING Jisoo just now? After so many years?

"You're not into girls?" Jennie spat out all of a sudden. Realizing what she just said, her eyes widened and she immediately looked away from Jisoo, looking down at the ground.

"Huh?" Jisoo's expression changed, her eyebrow raised. "Are you asking me if I'm into you?"

"No... no! No. Sorry. Not that-" Jennie started vigorously shaking her head, trying to calm the high blood pressure happening on her face.

"Well, to answer your question... I'm not sure..." Jisoo looked up, staring at the wide ceiling, tapping her chin in thought. "I was sure that I liked guys because I kissed my crush before, but he was a terrible guy."

"So... you're saying that you're straight because you kissed a guy before?" Jennie looked back at Jisoo, the redness in her face gradually fading away.

"Um, I don't know... I was told as a kid that being with another girl is weird and unacceptable... But I don't think it is. Anyone should be able to love whoever they want."

"Then, do you want me to kiss you?" Jennie looked into Jisoo's eyes calmly.

What the fuck did I just say out loud..?!?! Shit, my mouth is way too quick!!

"What?" Jisoo squinted at Jennie, wondering why she would be asking that out of nowhere.

Jennie gulped nervously, darting her eyes around the room, looking away from Jisoo, trying to think of a way to avoid the topic. She became completely embarrassed of herself, her cheeks flushing with a shade of red.

"You know, uh, to see if you like girls too? If that's how you knew you were straight why not and—"

Jisoo grabbed Jennie by the collar of her shirt, pulling her close towards her and closing her eyes as she quickly pressed her lips against Jennie's, letting them stay on the younger's mouth for a little, before pulling away with a shy looking smile.

"Welp," Jisoo scratched the back of her neck, awkwardly laughing at herself. "If you just wanted a kiss from me, then there... you have it now." Jisoo looked back at Jennie, who was a blushing mess, standing frozenly still with eyes wide open.

"...Uh..."

Jennie was at loss of words; speechless. Her heart was racing, pounding loudly against her chest. It was beating so fast, that in the complete silence of the house they were in, it would be audible to those near her.

"S-So... y-you're into girls now, too?" Jennie couldn't look directly at Jisoo. She couldn't believe that she was given a kiss by her, and it just reminded her of the dream she had — which she actually wishes she would forget soon. But this? She'll definitely never forget about it.

"Silly, I just gave you what you might have wanted. You didn't complain about the kiss! It's not my fault that I'm so irresistible, yeah?" Jisoo flipped her dark locks of hair, taking the tips of it and twirling them around her fingers as she fluttered her lashes at Jennie.

"Actually, uh. I think I'll go shower first. B-Bye." Jennie stuttered, immediately running as fast as she can all the way to the bathroom, which wasn't too far away. Upon reaching there, she slammed the door shut loudly, locking it.

"Oh." Jisoo blinked, blankly watching Jennie run away from her. "Is my morning breath that bad?"

⋯⋯

AUTHOR'S NOTE
wow they finally kissed and jennie isnt dreaming!

is jensoo's relationship going too slow? i feel like a womance is happening more instead of a developing relationship HAHAHAHA but i dont want them to fall for each other super fast, but i dont want it to be too slow too 😭 any thoughts?