19

chapter nineteen
bottle full o' henny

• • •

LISA TURNED TO Jisoo, moving strands of her bangs towards her forehead, styling them with her slender fingers quickly in an attempt to look neater and appear elegant towards the dark-haired female, presenting a sweet, ladylike smile at her as she persuaded Jisoo to go with her to the counter, leaving Jennie behind.

Lisa sat down on one of the vacant seats, patting the seat next to her, gesturing Jisoo to go and sit down next to her. The female immediately got the sign, sitting down next to Lisa with her knees pressed together, her hands placed on top of her lap, giving Jisoo that modest, classy yet alluring aura. Jisoo looked up at Lisa, then glanced behind her, searching around for where Jennie could be standing. They didn't even walk that far away from her, but for some reason, the mentioned girl was nowhere to be found in Jisoo's field of vision.

"Hey," Lisa placed her hand on Jisoo's shoulder to get her attention, in which she successfully got with not much effort.

"Huh?" Jisoo returned her gaze back on Lisa, a questionable expression written on her face.

"What drink do you want?" Lisa asked.

What drink do I want...? Jisoo thought about it. She averted her gaze away from her acquaintance, her eyes looking around the different serves and bottles of alcohols stacked on the shelves behind the counter. She herself was not quite very familiar with a lot of the drinks she saw, nor has she ever tasted some. Though, they do look really good...

"Um..." Jisoo spoke out, as if just trying to cover up the awkward silence she was giving. "I'll have..." she mumbled, continuing to look around the lined up bottles of drinks, carefully reading and inspecting each name written on them. And then something with a strange name caught her attention, which she unknowingly read out loud in a rising intonation.

"Sex on the beach...?!"

"Wow, quite a provocative choice you got there." Lisa chuckled and raised her hand, calling out for the bartender that was closest to them. Immediately, the bartender spotted Lisa's hand, putting down the empty wine glass he was polishing with a smooth white cloth before approaching towards the aforementioned girl.

"Ahh... no... that's not what I-" Jisoo was about to protest, but stopped halfway through her sentence when she saw that the bartender was already coming. "Never mind..." she mumbled out.

"And what can I get you today?" the bartender asked, pressing both of his palms on top of the counter.

"A shot of tequila and sex on the beach cocktail, please." Lisa ordered, her elbow placed against the counter while her cheek rested on her palm.

"Alright, please wait while I make your drinks then." The bartender smiled, giving a slight bow before heading off to prepare the drinks.

Jisoo's eyes followed the bartender's steps, but she wasn't looking at him for too long. She, of course, laid her attention back to Lisa and forced a smile on.

"So. Jennie's friend..." Lisa stared into Jisoo's dark eyes, but the latter avoided any sort of direct eye contact. "I never got your name, I think. I'm Lalisa, Lalisa Manoban. Thai. Just call me Lisa, by the way," Lisa introduced herself briefly, "or you can call me yours," she continued, her tone of voice wasn't exactly flirty, but her lips pressed into a thin smirk that looked more playful than serious.

"Ahaha," Jisoo softly laughed, cringing a little at the line. "Um, I'm Kim Jisoo. I work at a hotel..." the female introduced herself too, as well as giving a little fact about her profession.