14

chapter fourteen
fallen angel

• • •

JISOO'S EYES AND mouth both completely went wide open, becoming even more shocked, confused and terrified than she already is. She tried to process what exactly kind of plans Jennie had in mind, and whatever it was, it was fucking crazy.

"B-Break in?!" Jisoo stuttered, feeling her heart sink in deep into her chest. "But... But that's illegal! And we might get caught!"

"Don't be such a goody-two shoes. That's exactly why I want you to do as I tell you. Never stole something before, huh?" Jennie leaned against the car, her elbows resting on top of the car.  "It's gonna be fine, Jesu. Trust me in this, alright?" Jennie placed her hand on top of Jisoo's shoulder, speaking to her in a caring tone while gently rubbing her hand against it.

Jisoo scoffed at the mispronunciation of her name that she thought Jennie used to playfully tick her off, however, she kept her cool, since she didn't want to make herself more angry at Jennie.

"Alright, Jinnie," a smirk crept onto Jisoo's lips. Jennie looked at her with disgust at how she purposefully mispronounced her name, hand on her chest.

"Fuck you, Jesu."

Jisoo raised her hand up close to her mouth and giggled into it, aware of Jennie's reaction which she found to be quite adorable.

"Anyway... let's not waste anytime and get going, shall we?" Jennie put her hand out with elegance. one hand at her back, as if asking Jisoo out to a dance with her

Jisoo was still reluctant to the idea of just breaking in a store just to get some clothes, anxious about what would happen if one of them messed up. Not only would she be probably end up in jail for some time, she would also lose her only way of earning money: her job.

You know what? Screw it. This might be the only time I have fun in my whole 23 years of living.

"Okay." Jisoo pulled her hand away from her mouth and placed it on top of Jennie's.

The younger's lips stretch into an eager smile looking down at their hands, enveloping her fingers around Jisoo's hand and then eventually intertwining her fingers with hers. She then looked up, her eyes meeting with Jisoo's.

Jennie walked towards the random clothing store, letting go of Jisoo's hand before taking the 'CLOSED' sign down by just holding onto it and pulling it down with her bare hands, wincing as she pulled it down. And there was the hidden

"You really are strong, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I practice and work out a lot—well, before." Jennie reached down onto the pockets of her blazer and pulled out a pin, inserting it in the keyhole of the lock around the door of the entrance to the store.

"Whoa, what the hell are you doing? Aren't you scared that someone might possibly see us?" Jisoo held onto Jennie's arm, trying to stop her.

"Don't worry, no one's usually around at this time. They won't even notice, everyone's always minding their own business at this time of the night," Jennie wiggled her arm out of Jisoo's grip, continuing to move the pin around the keyhole. It didn't take her long enough until she heard a clicking noise, meaning that she successfully unlocked the lock.

"What-... how did you do that?" Jisoo stared, a soft and silent gasp coming out of her mouth. "I thought that only worked in movies..."

"Well, you can pretend this is some action movie we're in." Jennie chuckled, throwing out the lock and opening the door. "Alright," Jennie turned to Jisoo. "Do you have your phone right now?"

"Yeah..." Jisoo picked her phone out from the pocket of her skirt. "Here it is," she showed Jennie.

"Okay good. What I want you to do is to put your phone on silent, and make sure that it's on the lowest brightness possible," Jennie instructed.

"Um, okay..." Jisoo first lowered the brightness of her phone then put it on silent, her hands shaking in nervousness as she held onto her phone.

Jennie noticed Jisoo's hands shaking, a small sigh slipping through her lips. She held onto them and squeezed it gently, "Don't be scared~ as long as I am here, you have nothing to worry about. I also know this is bad, but life's too short to follow all the rules, ey?" Jennie smiled, walking inside the store and pulling Jisoo in.

"Hey-"

"Shhh!" Jennie brought an index finger close to Jisoo's lips, shushing her. "Be quiet, don't even think about making a noise," the female whispered, walking further into the store.

It was dark, all the lights are off around the store, the moonlight's illuminance subtle glow through the windows being the only light, though it was still quite dark. Jisoo tried to stay close to Jennie, praying that she wouldn't get lost.

Jennie looked behind her, and even though it was quite dark, she was able to easily navigate where Jisoo was. She walked next to her and leaned in close to her ear.

"Stay close to me, or you'll get lost," she whispered. "Also, what I'm gonna do is I'm going to ring you multiple times, but don't answer and you have to make sure that your phone is on silent." Jennie continued, whispering in the lowest voice she can, but enough for the older female to hear.

"I-It is!" Jisoo whisper-shouted.

"Good."

Jennie then took her mobile out, dialing Jisoo's number then waving it around in the air, aiming the phone to corners of the store.

Jisoo's phone vibrated in her hand, and it sounded loud in the silence of a closed store.

Each time Jennie felt vibrations in her phone, she turned on the flashlight from her phone and spotted cameras. They were a bit high up and she couldn't really reach them, but she already had an idea.

She flashed the light around, searching for an object she could use to destroy the cameras.

"You had a freaking flashlight on your phone this whole time but didn't bother using it?" Jisoo whisper-shouted again, her eyebrows crossed.

As Jennie was walking backwards and waving her phone around, not noticing that Jisoo was just behind her, she falls down and lands on Jisoo, causing the other female to fall down.

"Ahh! Be careful, please!" Jisoo whispered, but a bit louder this time.

"Sorry!" Jennie whispered back. She carefully got up, then reaching her hand out to Jisoo. The female who was still on the floor then took Jennie's hand, trying to get up but ended up slipping on something and pulling Jennie down with her instead of Jennie pulling her up.

"Eek!" Jennie squeaked, her eyes shut as she fell again.

"J...Jennie... You're right on top of me."

⋯⋯

AUTHOR'S NOTE
my readers are all a bunch of cuties ahahaha, i honestly thought this fic would flop and that it wouldnt be that good but thank you sooo much everyone! TT_TT