Chapter 9

Stiles

He couldn't believe it. The Nebaton stood at the back of the clearing serving as the alter. Four white Victorian style tables stretched out in front of it for seating. Pink lace canopies hung over the tables. Each one had three center pieces, pink and white candles arranged in various heights were at the edge of each table. In the middle of the table say a very large grey stone basin filled with water purified by Deaton using mountain, meaning werewolves couldn't touch, in the water pink rose petals suspended as if perfectly buoyant. Between the tables a white and pink silk train lay for Stiles to walk the isle so that his feet didn't touch the ground. Derek didn't particularly like the colors, but as long as Stiles abided superstition, Derek let him have his way.

His body seemed to float. The thought that this was HIS wedding shocked Stiles. he had been waiting for this day since he was a boy and it was finally here. The air even help the trappings of love. The earth held the stability. Everything was perfect.

On the other side of the Nebaton was a deck that Derek had built for a dance floor. Torches and a stereo were also set up for the reception.

Stiles was in a daze when his dad a walked up, "Son," He said, his throat choking up and his eyes starting to pour over. "Your mother would be proud of the man you've become, and the man you're about to marry."

Stile started to feel it too. a ball formed in his throat and tears started to sting his eyes,"I love you, Dad!" Stiles managed to choke out.

"Did I miss another touching moment?" Melissa McCall said sarcastically. She wore a crimson red, silk sundress. It was strapless so it showed off her amazing shoulders and collar bones. Her curly black hair was up in a bun pinned with chop sticks. "You look wonderful Stiles."

People started to file in and Cora rushed Stiles of to his "bridal tent". "Thank you, Melissa!" Stiles yelled as he was pushed into the make shift structure.

"Everything's in order. People are filing in. Derek is getting to place." She fixed Stiles' tie.

"Anyone in here.." Lydia called out.

"Come on in Sis," Stiles called to her. Lydia was his Maid-of-Honor. She wore a white high-low dress with a synched waist and pink ribbon. She also had a large pink heart pendant and corsage. Her hair was up in a tight chopstick bun and her make-up was flawless as always.

"Are you ready?" She asked warily. Stiles shook his head yes. "Just remember this is about you. Don't let anyone ruin that." She smiled then left to he set up.

A bell chimed off in the distance signifying the start of the ceremony. Stiles' mind started to race.

---------------------------------------------------------

Derek

He was standing in front of the Nebaton when the bell chimed. Instantly a horde of people left the pink cloth "bridal tent". First the flower girls, distant cousins of Derek's. They wore cute little fluffy pink dresses. Then the bridesmaids, Lydia, their wedding planner Jessica, and Erica came behind them, but heading up the rear was the knock-out Stiles. He wore a white tuxedo with a pink vest and tie. His hair was perfect a slight mess, but it was neat and organized. He carried a white rose bouquet and his dad giving him away. Tears of joy stung Derek's eyes. it was all so beautiful.

When Stiles made it to Derek, Mr.Stilinski handed him over and stood next to Derek's best man Scott. Then the ceremony really began.

"We are gathered here to celebrate the union of these to souls. There are many things that have already been sanctified in this marriage, but some that can only be sanctified in the presence of a tree like the Nebaton." Derek's eyes we locked with Stiles their hands held each others and they smile. "I give you, Derek a necklace of pure sapphire to instill and fortify sense of protection you should have for your mate." He lifted a blue sapphire chain into over Derek's head. "For you Stiles I give five emeralds. They are intertwined with dethroned vines of the Nebaton tree. They will never grow brittle; they will never die. These instill fertility and homemaking." Deaton slipped a bracelet onto Stiles' left wrist. "Finally, I give you both rings. Derek, you get an onyx ring. The ring signifies strength of home, and strength of marriage. A ruby sits in it to represent intense passion." He handed the ring to Stile, so that he could put it on Derek's finger. "And to you Stiles I give a ring made of solid pearl. This ring signifies purity of home and purity in marriage. In it sits a rose quartz to instills every lasting love." Deaton handed the ring to Derek.

Derek leaned into Stiles and nibbled on his ear as he pulled away he whispered,"I do."

Stiles leaned in and kissed Derek's cheek, he to whispered,"I do."

"You may kiss your husband." Deaton cheered.

Derek pulled Stiles in for a kiss so intense it made the room spin. He leaned into Stiles dipping him in a way that intensified the passion. For a second the world seemed to disappear and all that was left was the two of them.

In the midst of this Deaton formed a circle of mountain ash around them. When they came up for air he explained,"The circle of mountain ash is the final test for true mates. A regular werewolf cannot cross a circle of mountain ash, but true mates are said to be able to effortlessly with each other's help of course."

Derek looked directly into Stiles' bright blue eyes an took his hand. They went to step over the circle, their eyes turned bright red and they passed over the mountain ash like the air was made of molasses.

Everyone cheered, the ceremony was over and everyone headed to the dance floor. In the midst of the commotion Derek dipped Stiles in for another very passionate kiss.