Chapter 17

Derek

Him and Stiles laid there next to each other for hours, both of them waiting in and out of sleep. Derek loved this; his mate and him just huddle up against the world. It was short lived when Stiles hot out of the cave to puke.

"What wrong babe?" Derek asked warily. Ut made him hurt to see Stiles like this.

"I think I came down with something after lying in the cave naked for so long." Stiles groan.

"Come on. We'll go back to the loft." Derek called Lydia asking her to bring Stiles clothes and pick them up near the Nebaton.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Stiles

He couldn't stop puking. No matter what he did. Not matter how many home remedies he tried for stomach bugs and the flu, he still puked.

It came in waves. One minute he'd be fine the next he'd be doubled over spilling his guts.

This continued till about 2 o'clock then Stiles slowly stopped feeling nauseous. His body readjusting to the day.

"Are you feeling ok?" Derek asked worriedly.

"I'm feeling fine." Stiles ran his hand over his face. "We need to prepare the pack for Lupa."

"I agree, but we aren't doing it today. You aren't doing well." Derek got up and started to massage Stiles shoulders.

"No, it has to started today. She's trouble and I want the pack to be ready." Stiles demanded.

"Fine, fine." Derek flashed his hands up in mock surrender. "I'll call then right away."

Stiles laid back down on the bed with a strong feeling of protective fury.

----------------------------------------------------------

Derek

Derek had just finished moving the furniture when the last part of the pack trickled in.

"We have a problem." Derek started to tell them the story about Lupa and her power. He also told of her warning. "We would like to train. Does anyone disagree with us?"

The room stayed silent. "Pair up." Derek ordered as the room started to shift around looking like a warn down fight club. "Ethan go against Scott. Aiden versus Isaac."

"I don't think that's a good idea, Derek." Scott warned.

"Probably not, but oh well." Derek replied coldly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Stiles

He was walking down the stairs when he heard the screams. Stiles bolted down the stairs to see Lydia hunched over Aiden, who, in turn, was lying in a pool of his own blood.

"What happened?" Stiles asked worriedly. He didn't like Aiden much, but seeing him like this tore at his soul. He felt like his souls was being ripped open with someone's bare hands. He felt like he was loosing a child. Tears started to rush down his face, "What happened?" Stiles screamed in agony.

"I killed him." Isaac said plainly. "I killed him, because he deserved it."

A fury wrapped itself around Stiles. He was being consumed by an anger so unimaginably strong that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to bring himself back from it, let alone stay in control. He looked up at Isaac very slowly, his eyes casting red light around the room. "What gives you right to pass judgment?"

The next thing Stiles knew he was on top of Isaac his claws at Isaac's throat.

A deep animalistic growl erupted from him as he raised his hand to end Isaac, but then he heard it.

Derek calling his name,"Stiles! Stiles calm down! Babe!" Derek grabbed Stiles by the arm and all the anger left with his touch. "Aiden is not dead. Though he will be if we don't get him to Deaton."

Stiles still a little bit dazed from the snap transition in mood just mumbled,"Okay."

Everyone piled in their cars and headed toward the clinic.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Stiles

Worry wrought through Stiles as they laid Aiden onto the metal slab. "What can you do?"

"Numb the pain and increase the healing process." Deaton said defeated. "But not much else."

Deaton administered modern and supernatural medicines as Stiles started to have a panic attack. A member of his pack was on their death bed. What was he able to to do?

The hum rose out of Stiles for a third time. It started to scare him now. The noise coaxed itself out of him. A swan song erupted into the air. It spun around Aiden and Stiles. This final attempt all that Stiles had left. The song was a soothing one. It seemed befitting for a soft return or a soothing end. As Stiles eyes grazed the gashing wound on Aiden's side and the deep incisions on his neck and wrists, they seemed to stitch up and clot.

"What's going on?" Scott and Lydia whispered in unison. Derek just raised his finger to his lips in an attempt to hush them. The humming continued, filling the room with an almost angelic tone. The wounds over Aiden's body completely healed as the song came to its end. Aiden's eyes fluttered open, fury evident in them.

"Where's Isaac?" He demanded.

"At home." Stiles patted Aiden's bare chest and smiled. Aiden began to get up angrily. "Lie down big boy. You just came back from the dead. You need to rest." Without hesitation Aiden laid back down on the slab.

"Derek, babe." Derek came to his side alert and worried.

"Yes, love." He kissed Stiles' forehead. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Stiles reassured him. "I'm just really tired. Will you please take me home?"

His a slight smile Derek picked Stiles up bridal style and carried him to the car. "Sleep my mate." He cooed sweetly. "I'll take care of you as you do." Stiles drifted off before they even made it to the car.