Chapter 30

Stiles

"You're awake!" Derek's voice comforted Stiles. It had only been a day or two since Stiles had seen Derek last, but it had been weeks since Derek had last held him or told him "I love you.". Stiles ached for his husband; his body craved for his touch in way that was close to erotic.

Derek wrapped his arms around Stiles and he no longer felt like a husk of a person anymore. Stiles felt himself reforming. "I love you." Stiles whispered to Derek greedily. so that only he could hear.

Lydia floated in the air a moment longer and then plummet toward the tub full of boiling water. The steam wrapped around her trying it's hardest to claim her, but Derek knocked the red headed girl from above it causing her to hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Ugh." She groaned as she slowly got herself up. "Why does everything hurt?"

"Derek threw you up against the wall." Stiles replied nonchalantly. Lydia's jaw hit the floor with such speed a jet plane would be jealous. "It was that or boiling water death." Stiles offered jokingly.

"Whatever." She said as she began to change and get dressed. "We need the pack. At full strength this is going to be a battle we won't make out of easy." The suns setting rays began to wrap their fingers into the light the clinic.

"Well then," Derek replied triumphantly. "Good thing you're here to rally the troops." Derek attempted a joke to lighten the mood,

Lydia rolled her eyes and let out a scream so loud that the building shook with trepidation.

Stiles looked around the room when everyone finally got there and announced very strongly. "Let's go save my baby!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Stiles

After telling everyone where they were going Stiles left immediately. He wanted first pick wen it came to Carman. As they arrived in the clearing the moon was on its way into the night sky and the sun had already whispered it's last goodbyes to the earth. Stiles ran for the roots of the Nebaton searching for a door.

The earth seemed to crack under him revealing the hidden door that he had been looking for.

As he and the pack walked into the little room they were horrified. across the floor were the bones of small animals and children. Lining the walls sat mountain ash and sitting in the middle of it all was Carman and a man they had never seen before.

"Hello, Hello!" She smirked triumphantly. "Now you may watch you son be claimed! Oh, you're just in time! He'll lengthen our lives terribly." She laughed hysterically. "And there is nothing you can do about it."

Derek ran his hand down Stiles' arm and interlocked their fingers together the passed over the mountain ash without resistance. "Can you be so sure?" Stiles roared as he let go of control. He knew that of he were going to win that he had to let the full moon give him power. As the other pack members rushed back to the surface for their own battles Carman and Stiles waltzed around each other, two perfectly poised cobras ready to strike.

Carman lunged at Stiles who side stepped it effortlessly. He then dived in after her and they became a whirlwind of claws and hair. One moment her hands were wrapped around his neck. The next, she was lying on the ground with his claws at her throat.

The smoke that stole their child traveled toward him again in an effort to slink of with him, but every moment that Derek wasn't in the way stiles was. In the end it decided to slink off into the night time air, safe from danger for the next while.

Stiles had Carman pinned to the ground. He hand flared and her eyes bored deep into Stiles' soul.

"Got anything to say for yourself."Stiles asked one time.

"Let death be a sweet embrace like it is to all beings." She spat as Stiles leaned into her face. When she was done he leaned in even closer and ripped out her jugular with his teeth.