Chapter 31

Derek

With the threat of Carman gone Derek watched Stiles slowly transform back to normal. Derek leaned over to pick up Kaden and carry him to the man Derek knew as his mate, but when he leaned down to pick him up his hands were stopped by some sort of a barrier. Derek began to bang on the barrier, fists pounding down on it steady and hard like a grandfather clock. Derek could feel the panic in his chest as he realized he wouldn't be able to save their child. The world started to seep away as if it were leaking from a broken faucet.

"I can't save him." Derek exasperated. "There's some kind of a wall."

"It's a barrier." Allison voice rang from the entrance of the to the underground room. "No one pure in intention can get through it." She laughed a little.

"Then we will just have to kill you and use your hands to get through it." Stile shot back. "Won't we?"

"Won't work." The Nogitsune sigh as if it actually cared.

Derek was done listening. He charged the Nogitsune claws extended like weapons in a medieval game of torture the fox. A roar ripped through Derek's body making him stop in his tracks.

"It's not ours to kill." Stiles ordered. A look so tortured danced behind his eyes; the emotions brooded beneath the surface of Stiles' eyes desperate to escape. Derek pained at this sight. His body ached to comfort him. Derek learned his place in that moment. Derek belonged to Stiles, and though Stiles belonged to him, Stiles also belonged to Kaden. The realization was do beautiful that Derek began to cry. Tears streaming down his face caused Allison's body to laugh.

"Aw. Is someone giving up?" It chuckled a little bit. "Guess it's my turn to do a little killing."

The Nogitsune advanced forward with a smile on it's face. It pulled out a little black knife, Derek recognized it as an Oni Command Blade. She snapped it laughing hysterically.

"Tsk. Tsk." Kira swung her kitana up above her head. Her and Lydia stood behind Allison. Lydia shifted all her weight onto one foot and had a look on her face so piercing that even Derek felt cut by it. "That was a bad idea."

The Nogitsune slowly turned around as it said, "And why is th-" It was cut off by Kira sheathing her kitana deep into its chest. "I might be a fox, but I'll fight like a wolf."

Blood began to gush out of the Nogitsune's mouth and with it's final breathe it said the words that would haunt Kira forever, "Creatures that run with wolves, get eaten with the pack." In that moment the sickening sound of a head hitting the ground vibrated through everyone in the room. Lydia's head rolled in front of Derek. An Oni stood behind her sword drawn, ready for war.