Chapter 25

Stiles

It had been about a week since the incident with Carman and Stiles still wasn't sure if his family was safe. The only comfort he had was holding his son, and watching his husband hold their son. Kaden was a beautiful child. He had deep brown eyes and jet black hair like his sourwolf father. He had Stiles' mouth and ears.

Lupa walked into the loft, "Ready for an explanation?" She offered.

Stiles nodded his head, "Yeah, just give me a minute to put the baby down." Stiles carried Kaden up to his and Derek's room. Kaden giggled a little. "I love you." Stiles said as he laid the baby down in the middle of their kingsized bed. They hadn't had chance to get ahold of crib yet, which made Stiles feel really guilty.

When Stiles finally got back down stairs Sean, Lydia, Derek, Lupa and Kira were sitting around the coffee table.

"If I knew everyone was gonna be here I would have made snacks." Stiles said sarcastically.

"Calm down, babe." Derek said rubbing Stiles leg as he sat down. "They need to here this too."

Lupa traced the design on the coffee table, "This is made of Nebaton wood. Isn't it?" She interrogated.

"In fact it is." Derek said proudly.

"Good. We'll start with that god awful tree." Lupa said. "Let me start by saying I do not know how the human world began or what made them just what made the supernatural. Is this understood?"

"Yes." The room replied in unison.

"Ok. So I have two sisters and three brothers. We each are mothers or fathers to some sort of supernatural creature. I am Lupa." She picked up a glass of water and took a sip. "Once I was a simple coyote, being the youngest of my siblings I was born to god-hood last. I ran the prairie before man had settle in California, but I was dying." Pain rinsed her face. "Poison had made it's way into my system and would kill me with-in a week. So I made my way to the Nebaton. I had known of its power, just like every living creature does. When I made it there I begged for my life. The Nebaton notified me that if I could become a creature filled with life; it would save me."

Stiles interrupted, "What does that even mean?"

Derek looked at Stiles, "Do you know the major difference between wolves and coyotes, Stiles?"

"No," Stiles replied absent minded.

"A wolf knows that life is worth living, but will die for what it loves. A coyote lives for tricker. They do not care for each other. They fear death." Derek explained.

Stiles just mouth te word, oh. Lupa laughed a little and continued, "I took the week I had left and fell in love, I didn't think the Nebaton would save me. He was a lovely thing, but he was a fox. The coyotes around didn't like that and went to kill my love. Even on my death bed I went to protect him. I stood my ground and did not use tricks. I used authority and strength. I won, but died not long after. The Nebaton claimed me as it's patron at that point. I protected it and in return it gave me great power. I decide to create two creatures. One in my former image, a coyote who resorted to authority not trickery and one in my current image a cross between a human and a creature I named the wolf."

Stiles shifted under his weight. The whole situation mad him really uncomfortable. He didn't want to be a part of this anymore with a child around. His own son would be endangered. He wasn't ok with that.

"So why are Lydia, Sean and I here?" Kira asked impatiently.

"Lydia and Sean are here because I needed to tell them something important." She looked at The two sitting on the couch. "Carman is a vicious woman. Banshees are only female, Wendigos are only male. They are never supposed to meet, unless they are related. You two must be siblings, or you wouldn't be able to see each other." Lydia fell into a shock that seemed to eclipse her usually on point self. "Also, she hates me, because of a fight we had a couple hundred years ago. My children and her children are not supposed to work together. She's promised I punish any of her children that do. She may come back to do just that." Lupa warned.

"Wait so, Sean is my brother?" Lydia said in astonishment.

"It would seem so.." Lupa trailed off. She then looked at Kira. "I know about the Nogitsune." She stated flatly.

"What?" Derek shouted. "Its back?!"

"Yes," Kira said with her head in her hands.

Lupa continued without acknowledging the she outbursts. "My brother is the one that created Kitsune and werecoyotes. He love trickery. If you can prove yourself more devious, he will discard the Nogistune and ask you to succeed him." Lupa explained nervously

"Succeed?" Stiles asked perplexed.

"We do die. It takes about six thousand years, but it happens. We get to choose our successors, and we are choosing now. Our time is almost up."

Stiles felt like the walls were closing in on him. Would him an his family ever make it out? Stiles was beginning to believe he'd always be dealing with the world supernatural problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Smoke traveled into the mates bedroom it floated and spun. It slowly traveled toward the child. It wrapped around the the child and claimed it. The voice of a hundred people echoed the words. "You are mine."