A fateful meeting

Astro sat at a cafe, drinking a cup of tea. He wasn't too sure on how long he had to wait, after all, there was never a set time when the attacks would occur. He looked around anxiously, unsure of when the attacker would strike next. He hoped that he was at the right place.

The sounds of laughter drew his attention away from the attacker and he looked up to see a few middle aged women giggling as they glanced down at him. Astro smiled nervously at them and waved. He then sighed and looked around. Nothing was out of the ordinary yet.

Astro looked down into his cup and frowned in thought. 'Who would want to do this? Hurting innocent people like this...' Astro sighed again and looked up.

His eyes then widened at the giant red laser aimed at one of the buildings, and his internal systems sped up. He then dropped the tea cup to the ground as he jumped to his feet.

"They're here!" He cried. He then bent his knees and flew up to the air and retraced the red laser back to the culprit. He would stop them no matter what!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Power surged within your arm as you charged up the laser. The red dot reflected through your heated red eyed gaze as you stared down at the small little town. Your lips then twisted into a smile. "Time to say goodb-"

"Don't shoot!" Your eyes widened as a boy flew up to you and smacked your hand up to the sky. The firey beam had missed its mark and instead of hitting the town, it skyrocketed into the sky. Astro watched with wide eyes as the sky lit up with the biggest explosion he had ever seen. You clicked your tongue and jumped back from him.

Astro stepped back in shock as he stared at you with an agape mouth. 'The terrorist is a girl!?' You gave him a vexed glare, making him flinch. He shook his head of the thought before resuming his fighting stance.

"Are you the one who's been attacking those towns?" Astro questioned. You narrowed your eyes dangerously at him.

"You're a robot? Who are you?" Astro felt conflicted fighting a girl, but he soon pushed those thoughts to the side.

"My name is Astro. What's yours?" You gave him a funny look. Seeing that you weren't going to answer, Astro decided to issue another question. "Why are you attacking the cities? What do you gain from hurting humans?"

"You're annoying." You glowered out before raising your arm in a defensive position. "Move, or I'll shoot!" Astro spread his arms out as he blocked your aim and he glared at you.

"No! I won't let you attack anymore!" Your teeth ground together as you stared him straight in the eyes, his chocolate brown gaze boring into yours. 'Who is this kid?' Your eyes flashed a dangerous red and you fired a quick shot at him. The blazing ball of raw energy hit Astro square in the chest, sending a shockwave of pain throughout his body. His eyes went wide as the attack flowed through his systems and he cried out in pain.

You watched him collapse to the floor on his knees while breathing out heavily. You then let your arm drop.

'W-What power....!' Astro internally gritted out as he gripped his shaking arm tightly. His sensors were practically all over the place. As he looked up, he saw the look of hesitation you were giving him, making his eyes widen.

Without a word, you turned your back to him and you looked about ready to flee. Astro gasped and he quickly cried out to you.

"W-WAIT!" You looked back at him from over your shoulder and you narrowed your eyes in a threatening manner.

"Next time you and I meet, I won't go easy on you. So DON'T get in my way." You growled out. You then flew off into the sky, leaving Astro lying in the dirt. Astro struggled to his feet and attempted to stand up. However, his knees buckled and he fell to the ground. To his relief, the police had arrived.

The moment the police car was parked, Tawashi threw open the door and he rushed out of the car to Astro.

"Astro!" He yelled. His eyes then widened and he came skidding to a halt. "What happened here...? Tell me, did you see the one attacking the cities?" Astro tried to answer him, but he blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wind brushed gently through your hair as you stared ahead of you with a heavy frown on your face. Your fingers dug heavily into the stone beneath you and you cast your gaze to the floor.

"Just who was that boy?" You muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astro opened his eyes and he found himself back at the Ministry of Science. He carefully sat up and he looked over his repairs carefully. He then moved his arms and smiled. Good as new! After admiring his repairs, he looked up at Dr Elephan.

"Thank you professor." Dr Elephan set aside his torch pen and he smiled.

"I'm glad to see that you're okay. Now tell me, what did you see?" Dr Elephan urged. Astro looked ahead of him and he held a thoughtful hand to his chin.

"I had a look, and it turns out she was a robot!" Astro told. Dr Elephan's eyes widened at this.

"She!? Hmm, it shouldn't come to us as a surprise if she's a robot." Dr Elephan pointed out. Astro nodded.

"Yes, she had this mechanism that produced explosions. It was weird." Astro told. Dr Elephan raised an eyebrow at this. He then walked towards him.

"Astro, do you mind if I look into your memories?" Dr Elephan asked. Astro shook his head.

"No, of course not." He then sat back as Dr Elephan clipped a few wires into his systems before connecting them to the computer. Once his body had synchronised with the building, images of his encounter with you appeared on the screen.

Dr Elephan frowned when he watched the play back of your attacks.

"A pillar of fire appears every time she uses that attack, but it seems that she can control the range of it. She can also use it continuously." Astro explained. Dr Elephan scratched his chin and he closed his eyes.

"I see. It's too bad we can't scan her horse power. Perhaps if you fought her again..." Astro unclipped the wires from his chest and he hopped off the counter. He then gave Dr Elephan a desperate look.

"What can I do? I don't think I'll be able to beat her. I mean, she shot me down with just one shot!" Astro cried. Dr Elephan frowned and he hummed in thought.

"I'm not sure, but we absolutely need a full scan of her interior design. Astro, I know that I'm asking a lot, but can you go and confront her again? You don't need to fight her, just get a scanning of her." Astro looked down in thought. He then nodded.

"Okay, I'll do it! I remember when she and I fought, she spared me! She didn't finish me off." Dr Elephan's eyes widened.

"Really?" Astro nodded and stood up as he gazed up at the screen.

"Yes. There must have been a reason that she spared me. Perhaps she's a robot who fights for other robots." Astro spoke with a hint of hopefulness in his tone. He then recalled your threat, dampening his spirits greatly. "...or not. I think I provoked her." Dr Elephan gripped his chin in thought.

"Astro, if you manage to get a scanning of her, then we just might be able to find out what her weakness is. In addition to this, we can try to give you more abilities to fight her. Astro, this is the one battle that we cannot lose! Humanity depends on it." He spoke with clenched fists. Astro turned towards Dr Elephan and he nodded.

"Okay, then I'll head back out to maple town. Maybe she'll come back." Astro said. Dr Elephan gave him a worried smile.

"Yes, just be careful." Astro smiled in return and he nodded confidently to him. He then crept towards the window before taking off. Dr Elephan could only watch with worry as he fled for the skies.