Something Familiar

The area was quiet as you searched the skies thoroughly. 'Hopefully that kid doesn't appear again, it'd be a real pain if I had to deal with him.' You thought. You then landed on the ground and you cocked both hands towards the city. 'I won't let anyone stop me. This time for sure, the city is going down in flames!'

As power surged through your body, you heard rockets approaching you in the distance. You whipped your head just as a laser was fired at you and you jumped back in shock. You then growled and you glared at the one responsible for the attack.

"Why are you here!? I told you I wouldn't hesitate to destroy you if you got in my way!" You shouted. Astro hung above you as he looked towards the city in relief. He then dropped down to you and he glared at you.

"I won't sit idly by while you go around harming humans." Astro told. Your face turned red from anger and you breathed in deeply. You then raised your hand into the air as it built up with power.

"Fine, be that way. Don't blame me if I destroy you!" You yelled and you threw your arm in his direction. Astro sucked in a sharp breath and he dove to the side as the edge of your laser barely grazed his back. Astro rolled across the ground before coming to a stop. He then sat up and he lightly touched his singed backside.

Before he had time to react, you appeared in front of him and you delivered a good punch to his stomach, sending him flying. Astro cried out as his body dug into the ground, taring up the earth. He coughed out a good chunk of dirt and he wiped his lips clean before yelling at you.

"Stop! I don't want to fight!" Astro cried. You ignored his pleas and you readied another attack on him.

"You should have thought about that before you came after me!" Astro gasped as the power built up in your arms. He then turned around and he dug into the ground. Your eyes widened and you let your hands drop and you impatiently waited for him to resurface. You had no idea where he was going to pop up from.

You received a good blow to the back, knocking you forwards. You gasped as you flew off the cliff overlooking the city, and you plummeted towards the ground. Astro breathed out heavily and he watched you nervously as you fell. You then activated your rockets and you flew passed him, almost knocking him off his feet.

"Are you kidding me?" He muttered under his breath and he shot off into the skies. You turned towards him and you cocked your hand into the air. Astro watched you ready yet another laser at him, and his eyes widened in realisation. 'She needs time to build up her power! I can use this to my advantage.'

Astro swerved to the side and he fired multiple lasers at you. You gritted your teeth and you flicked them to the side. You then charged at him with your fist raised. Astro choked and he flew away. 'Nothing works against her! I need to get at least a scan of her, but I can't if she's trying to kill me!'

"Get back here!" You shouted as you flew after him. Astro started to get nervous when you were catching up to him at a godly speed. You weren't just strong, you were fast too. This wasn't good. Astro flew into the forest as a desperation tactic. A light smirk appeared on your lips and you followed him inside. "You can't hide from me Astro! I WILL find you!"

From within the trees, Astro watched your movements carefully as you turned in all directions. You then charged up your attack and fired it through the trees. Everything was set on fire in a matter of seconds, forcing Astro out of his hiding place.

"Stop it!" He cried as he fled into the open. You looked towards him and you grinned.

"There you are." You bent your knees before shooting off towards him. Astro sucked in a sharp breath as your fist connected with his jaw, sending him flying. His body crashed into a lone house situated in the middle of a clearing, and the roof caved in around him.

Astro groaned and rubbed his head as he sat up from the now destroyed fire place. 'Ow, I think I might have popped a circuit. Huh?' He then looked around himself, carefully taking in his surroundings. The house itself looked as if it hadn't been used in years. Dust and cobwebs stuck to the corners and broken glass littered the floors. Astro's fingers carefully brushed over a picture frame and he looked down at it. He then picked it up from the ground and he held it up.

"I wonder who's house this is...." he trailed off as he looked at the picture. His eyes then widened and he stifled a gasp. The picture was of a family of three, and the little girl looked strikingly familiar.

You looked up at the front door with a nasty glare. You then kicked the door down before storming inside.

"Astro! I know you're in here." You yelled. From within the living room, Astro jumped and he quickly crawled behind the dusty old couch.

Your eyes trailed along the entrance hallway until they brushed over a side table with a few photo frames. You picked up one of the photos and looked down at the picture. It was a picture of a family of three, a mother, a father and a girl. You frowned and squinted your eyes at the little girl. You couldn't make her face out because the glass on the frame was cracked.

Astro cautiously peaked his head from around the corner and he watched you disappear into the other room. He then crept into the hallway, slowly making his way towards you.

From inside the room, you inspected every crevice of the little girl's room. Something about this place seemed so familiar to you. As you stared at the F/C covers on the bed, you felt a familiar spark. Your hand flew to your head and you stumbled back into the draws, knocking a few draws open in the process. You gripped onto the draw for support as a flurry of images flashed through your head.

'W-What is this!? Why do I feel so...weird?' From around the corner, Astro watched you stumble about. Were you okay? 'This is my chance!' With focused eyes, Astro took a visual scan of your body. By the end of his scan, something was thrown at his feet, making him look down. Lying just beside his shoes was a book. He leant down and he picked it up.

You turned back to the doorway and you gasped as Astro stood before you with the book in hand. "YOU!" Astro's head shot up and he stepped back.

"TIME OUT! I have something I want to show you. Just look at this!" He yelped and he shoved the picture frame in your face. You carefully lowered your raised fist and you took the picture from him. You didn't even know why you were listening to him, but you couldn't help but be curious.

It was the same picture you had seen before, except this picture looked a lot more clearer than the other one. As you stared down at the face of a girl, a loud thump sounded in your chest, making your eyes widen. You dropped the picture frame and the glass cracked upon impact. Astro watched you worriedly as you stumbled back, and your hands flew to your aching head.

"Are you...okay?" Astro asked. He then reached out to touch you. You saw his hand coming towards you and you slapped it away, shocking him.

"Get out, LEAVE!" You screamed. Astro's brows knotted together as you visibly struggled. You continuously shook your head and you backed towards the bed. "I don't want to remember, I don't need to!" Astro's jaw dropped as he came to a realisation.

"Y-You've lost your memories...?" You glared at him, stopping him from coming any closer to you.

"Why are you still here!?" Astro breathed in before he approached you with open arms.

"But I can help you! If you'll just allow me to-" your hand sparked as you attempted to use your power against him, stopping him in his tracks. An anguished look then appeared on your face and your hand shook greatly.

"Just go away, I don't want your help! Now leave, before I make you." With a hesitant nod, Astro reclaimed the fallen picture and he crept towards the front entrance. He spared one glance in your direction, but you quickly sent him away with a glare.

Once he had left, you collapsed onto your knees and you buried your head in your arms as you let out an anguished cry. Astro could hear your screams from outside of the house, paining him greatly. You needed help, and he was going to be the one who helped you.