Atlas Joins The Fray

Astro flipped through the book he had found while Dr Elephan looked over the scans Astro had taken of you before. The older man then looked over at him.

"What are you reading there, Astro?" Astro held up the book with great interest.

"It's the diary of a girl. Her name is Y/n L/n. Professor, I think this is HER diary, the girl attacking the cities." He revealed, making Dr Elephan's eyes widen.

"What makes you think that?" Astro looked down at the book thoughtfully and he brushed his fingers over the worn out cover.

"I don't know, but..." Astro's eyes widened. An excited smile then appeared on his face. "What if she's just like me? What if she was built after the little girl who owns this diary? It makes so much more sense!" He exclaimed. Dr Elephan grabbed the book from him and he turned it over in his hands.

"Even if she was built after her, she's still far too dangerous. Astro, we have to do something." Astro lowered his gaze to the ground and he let out a long sigh.

"You're right. I wanted to help her, but I don't think she's going to listen to me. She hates humans, and there's no way she's going to change her ways just because I asked her to." Dr Elephan gave him a comforting pat on the back.

"Look at this." Astro looked up at the big screen where Dr Elephan showcased your scans for him to see. "Her design is so complicated! But I am curious to as how her power works. It doesn't seem like her body runs on casets like you do, but on another power source. Perhaps solar energy? I'd like to have a look at her core, but I can't get a clear reading on it." Astro frowned.

"Did I not get a clear scanning of her?" Astro questioned. Dr Elephan shook his head.

"No, you did. It's just that there's something about her core that I can't quite describe." Dr Elephan explained. As he clicked on another function, his eyes almost bulged out of his skull. "W-What is this!?" Astro jumped at his sudden outburst.

"W-What's the matter?"

"T-This is...." Dr Elephan swallowed hard. He then changed the image on the big screen, showing Astro exactly what he had been looking at. "Her horsepower....I can't get a reading of it. It's as if it's unregisterable. Her horsepower greatly exceeds yours, Astro." Astro swallowed hard as he took in this bit of information. Seeing his worried look, Dr Elephan hurriedly reassured him. "A-Ah, don't worry too much about it. I've come up with a way to fix this mess."

Astro carefully nodded his head. He never wanted to doubt his words, but your prowess was starting to scare him. Dr Elephan then cleared his throat and he gave him a confident smile.

"How about we get you that upgrade?" Relaxing slightly, Astro smiled and nodded. He then laid down on the work bench.

"I'm ready Dr Elephan." Dr Elephan readied his tools and he got started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You laid face up on the dusty old couch, staring at the stars through the hole in the roof. So much had happened in just one day, now you felt utterly exhausted. You dragged your gaze across the room and you eyed the pictures situated on top of the smashed fireplace.

'That must be where Astro had fallen.' You stared at the debris longingly, and you closed your eyes in regret. "I can help you!" You pushed yourself upright and you glared ahead of you. "How can he help me? I...I don't need it." You twisted your body and you hopped off the couch. You then looked up at the sky.

With a heavy grunt, you pulled yourself onto the roof and you seated yourself on the tiles. You then turned your head up and you stared at the glistening stars in awe. They looked so vast, you couldn't help but reach out to them.