Verbal Shackles

The hallways were bustling with humans as they rushed to their stations, fixing any of the damage done to the laboratories. Your head was pressed against Astro's back as you kept your gaze low, avoiding any of the questioning stares that may come your way. Astro glanced back at you from over his shoulder and his lips twisted into a small smile.

"We're almost there, Y/n. So you can relax." You bit down heavily on your lip. Astro's worry grew and he looked back at you in concern. It wasn't long before the two of you had reached the main laboratory where Dr Elephan often spent his time. You clenched your eyes shut as the doors slid open, and you felt Astro get knocked back by a pair of large welcoming arms.

"Astro, you made it back safely!" Elephan cheered as he nuzzled into Astro affectionately. This put a smile on Astro's face and he hugged his mentor back just as enthusiastically. You shied away from the pair as they hugged it out. As you crept towards the doorway, Dr Elephan caught sight of you and his eyes widened.

"Astro, is that...?" He trailed off, unsure whether he was right or not. Astro pulled away from him and he happily nodded his head.

"Mhm! Doctor, this is Y/n. She's the one who..." he went quiet as Dr Elephan approached you quietly. Your body tensed up and you immediately went into a defensive position as you sent a glare his way.

"S-Stay away from me!" You shouted, ready to throw hands. The wound on your shoulder then sparked, sending a jolt of pain down your arm. Your hand flew to the open wound and you grunted in discomfort.

"Y/n, I can help fix you if you'll allow me to." Dr Elephan offered, making you look up at him warily. Your gaze flickered over to Astro momentarily and you saw the encouraging smile he gave you. With baited breath, you stared straight into the old man's eyes, searching for any signs of distrust. All his eyes held was kindness, and this unnerved you.

With a careful nod of your head, you let Dr Elephan guide you to the workbench where he would repair your body. You crawled onto the bench and you laid down on your back. You then shivered against the cool metal.

'She's awfully quiet.' Astro thought to himself as he watched you listen rather obediently to Dr Elephan. Dr Elephan then readied his tools, and the sound of a drill reached your ears. You clenched your eyes shut and you allowed your systems to shut down. With a nod of his head, Dr Elephan was ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the repairs were finished, Dr Elephan let your systems reboot themselves while he walked over to Astro.

"I've fixed the gashes in her body, so there should be nothing more to worry about." He reassured. Astro let out a small sigh of relief.

"That's good. By the way, why did you need my voice confirmation?" He asked. Dr Elephan looked back at you sparingly just as your eyes fluttered open, revealing your E/C orbs. Very much different from your usual red ones.

"She's still too dangerous to be left on her own. So I've inputted new command codes into her brain, giving you full control of her power metre." Astro's eyes widened as well as yours, barely registering his words. You then shot up with a start.

"Hold on just a minute! What do you mean he's got full control? This is MY body you're messing with, old man!" You snapped, fully back to your old self. Astro and Dr Elephan stepped back in shock as you hoisted yourself to your feet and aimed a deadly hand at them. Your eyes flashed a dangerous red before shifting back to their E/C colour.