Operation Y/N

You stared up at your roof, your thoughts stuck on what Astro told you a few days earlier. He had told you about how he saw your memories and saw Y/N L/N. Unfortunately, he refused to tell you what memories he saw, even after you had tried beating it out of him. You rested your hand on your chest. Y/N was now dead; you couldn't feel her heart beat. You then heard the door open and looked up to see Astro walk in with Dr Elephan. You raised your eyebrow at the two of them. Whenever Dr Elephan came in something was going to happen. You sat up as Astro and Dr Elephan walked towards you. Dr Elephan smiled at you.

"Y/N, are you ready?" You raised your eyebrow at him.

"Ready? Ready for what?" You questioned. Dr Elephan chuckled.

"For the operation.  Tawashi has agreed to allow Alfonze to replace your human heart with a robotic one." You sighed and looked down.

"Oh yeah, that. I'm surprised that Tawashi is even letting me live." Dr Elephan sighed.

"Yes, but once we explained to him that you weren't a robot and that he couldn't kill you, he was going to imprison you instead." Astro then smiled.

"But once we told him that you had helped save the city, he decided to drop the charges!" Astro exclaimed. You shrugged and got up.

"I'm not really too interested in the details. I'm just a bit concerned if Alfonze will actually keep his word." Astro frowned.

"Yeah, me too to be honest. That's why I'll be there as he operates on you." Astro told. You frowned at him.

"Uh, thanks." Astro smiled, missing your sarcasm.

"I'm happy to be with you!" Astro exclaimed. You shook your head.

"Idiot, you're supposed to say 'I'm happy to help'." You told as you crossed your arms. Astro smiled and shook his head.

"No, I'm sure that I said it right." You narrowed your eyes at him. You then turned towards Dr Elephan.

"Come on, I just want to get this stupid operation over and done with." You muttered. Dr Elephan nodded and walked out of the room. You and Astro followed closely behind as Astro gave you a look of worry.

"Y/N, are you going to be okay with this?" Astro questioned. You raised your eyebrow at him.

"Having a rotting heart get taken out of my chest? I'm sure that I'm fine with it. Why? Is there something that I should be worried about?" You questioned. Astro looked down in sorrow. You frowned at him. "This has something to do with my memories, doesn't it?" When Astro didn't answer, you sighed. "Listen, I'm going to get my memories back someday. And when I do, I'll remember everything." Astro shook his head.

"Trust me, you wouldn't want to remember." You raised your eyebrow as Astro walked ahead of you. You huffed and crossed your arms.

"That idiot, exactly what did he see?" You wondered. You then shook your head and followed after Dr Elephan and Astro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You lay still on the work bench, your clothes were folded neatly and put to the side. Alfonze was escorted inside the room by a few police officers including Tawashi. Astro watched as Alfonze walked in and smiled at him. Alfonze smiled back. He then turned towards you and frowned. You returned his look and turned your head to the side. The police officers then nodded and left the room. Alfonze sighed and turned towards you. He then rested his hand down on the work bench.

"This is going to be hard for me, are you absolutely sure that Y/N is dead?" Alfonze questioned. Both you and Astro nodded.

"Yeah, I can't feel her heartbeat anymore. The moment I woke up, I couldn't feel her heart beat." You told. Alfonze gripped the work bench and let out a shaky breath. Astro gave him a pitiful look while you looked away. You didn't know why, but the thought of Y/N's heart getting removed from your body scared you. You then huffed. "H-hurry up and get this stupid thing out of my body!" You shouted. Your chest then tightened. What was this feeling? Your eyes then widened. Was this sadness? Alfonze breathed in and readied the materials. You unconsciously had grabbed Astro's hand. Astro's eyes widened. He then smiled and squeezed your hand comfortably. Alfonze looked at Astro.