The final battle

You all stepped foot outside of the portal and looked around. Your eyes widened at the sight. The skies were filled with the same ominous clouds with the green lightning and the land was broken apart. Everyone frowned at the scene. Heart held her hand to her chest.

"Everything looks so miserable. What happened?" Heart questioned. Verse frowned.

"Dark is what happened. Ever since he took control of Onyx, the timelines have been out of balance. We have to find them before they do anything worse to the timelines!" Verse told. Everyone nodded. Verse then gestured for them to follow him. "Follow me!" Everyone nodded and started to follow Verse. Big sis glanced at Astro and smiled at him.

"We'll have to give you a nick name." Astro raised his eyebrow at her as they ran.

"Why?" Big sis giggled.

"So we can tell each other apart! How about we call you..."

"Atom." Big sis's eyes widened.

"What?" Big sis questioned.

"I want to be called Atom." Atom told. Big sis nodded. You had a look at your energy levels and nodded. They weren't full, but they should last you this last final battle. Robot glanced at you.

"How are you holding up?" You shrugged.

"Eh, I've seen better days." Robot chuckled. He then sighed and looked forwards.

"You know, I'm going to miss everyone when this is all over." You raised your eyebrow at Robot.

"Why are you getting all sentimental now?" Robot stopped. Everyone continued on running. You also stopped and frowned. "Astro, we're going to get left behind if we don't hu-"

"I love you." Your eyes widened. You then frowned.

"What dumb things are you saying at this ti-"

"I love you." Robot repeated. You raised your eyebrow at him.

"Um, yeah, I know. You kinda told me when you explained it to me." Robot shook his head.

"No, I don't love you in that type of way. I love you in the real way." You frowned. You still didn't get it. Noticing your look of confusion, Robot sighed. "I'll explain it to you later, for now we have to catch up with the others." Robot then ran off. You growled and stomped on your foot.

"That's what I've been saying this entire time you idiot!" You shouted. You then sighed and ran after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone stopped and looked around. Verse had led them to some kind of forest. Verse narrowed his eyes.

"Inside this forest lies the guardian grounds. It's the place where Onyx and I had our initiations." Verse explained. Assassin nodded.

"Where you became guardians?" Verse nodded. He then breathed in.

"They're in here, I'm sure of it. Come on." Everyone glanced at each other. Atom then ran after Verse without hesitation. You all shrugged and ran into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Onyx sighed as she waited for Tobio to finish getting ready. She then gasped when she felt a pair of hands on her neck and turned around to see Tobio. He smiled at her.

"What's the matter? You seem tense." Tobio told. Onyx frowned and turned away from him.

"Is this really the right thing to do?" Onyx questioned. Tobio sighed.