Shikamaru

Show Some Respect

After Asuma died, Shikamaru locked himself in your shared room. You being the amazing girlfriend you are, take care of him, bring him food, hold him, etc.

One day you bring in Shikamaru's favorite soup, Chicken and Dumpling Soup, which happened to be Asuma's favorite too. He snaps and yells at you making you pack up some of your clothes and leave for a while, you make your way to your best friend and teammates house, Kiba.

"Shikamaru, I brought you your favorite soup." I say gently walking into our shared bedroom he sloppily looks up and says, "I don't want it" I sigh and say, "I'll leave it here, I'm going to go to the grocery store.

"I SAID I DON'T WANT IT!" Shikamaru yells kicking the boiling soup all over you.

"Ah!" I yell out as I grab a rag and dab myself.

I go to clean up the soup, "DAMMIT GET THE HELL OUT!" Shikamaru yells again. I swallow my tears before walking out.

I let a tear slip, followed by another. I cry for a few minutes before deciding to leave for a few days.

I walk into the room, not daring to look at Shikamaru. "Goddammit didn't I tell you to leave," Shikamaru says annoyed.

I just brush him off as I pack a few days worth of clothes. "Where the hell are you going?" Shikamaru asks.

"Leaving until you can clean up your fucking act." I hiss out, for a split second I see hurt flash his eyes before he says, "whatever, you'll come crawling back."

I just scoff and leave the house, I informed Kiba I'll be staying in his guest room, as he is my best friend, hell he's the closest thing to a sibling I ever had.

Shikamaru's P.O.V

Drip

Drip

Drip

I quickly wipe away my tears, as I stare at Asuma's favorite soup.

"Shikamaru have you ever had Chicken and Dumpling Soup," Asuma asks happily. 

"No Asuma~sensai," I respond as I move my piece.

"Try it out Shika." He tells me handing me the bowl.

I grab the bowl and lazily pick up the spoon bringing it to my mouth.

"Mm" I let out as the soup hits my taste buds, this is the best soup I've had.

"Good right," Asuma~sensai says smirking. I nod before handing him back the bowl.

"This is my favorite soup." He says eating some more.

"Whatever Asuma~sensai, just take your turn" I complain.

I sigh looking at the spilled bowl as I remember what just happened.

"I SAID I DON'T WANT IT!" I yell kicking the soup. The bowl falls and spills all over Y/N, the bed, and the floor. She yelps in pain grabbing a cloth as I lay there annoyed. She goes to clean it up, but I yell, "DAMMIT GET THE HELL OUT!" Her typical expression falls into a frown before she makes her way out.

Not even ten minutes later she's back into the room, yet this time she ignores me. "Godammit didn't I tell you to leave." I bicker. She just grabs some of her clothes. I get a bit scared and say, "where the hell are you going?" "Leaving until you can clean up your fucking act. My eyes fall, before I angrily say, "whatever, you'll come crawling back." She just scoffs leaving me alone.

"Dammit!" I yell throwing a picture of Asuma~Sensai and me against the wall.

A few hours later

"Y/N I'm hungry!" I yell out not thinking about it. When I don't hear a response my mind clicks and I look over to her dresser, the clothes scattered.

Since Y/N would kill me if I mess with the kitchen I reluctantly get out of bed and get dressed.

As I walk down to Ichiraku's Ramen I spot Y/N laughing with Kiba. My heart tightens as she smiles at him, a smile she hasn't used with me since before Asuma.....

I jealously walk over to the Y/N moves behind Kiba making me feel even more terrible. "Move dog," I say. "Why should I, clearly you shouldn't be trusted with her," Kiba says making me even more pissed. "Now-" I start to yell, but Y/N steps up to me. "Go home Shikamaru, just leave me alone." She says clearly hurt. "Y-Y/N." I stutter. "No Shika, you have to learn a lesson you can't just treat me like that, I love you." Y/N says.

"Please come home," I beg. "Shika." She says sighing.  "I'm so sorry Y/N, it's just it....please Y/N Comes home." I continue to plead. She looks over to Kiba before saying, "did you eat?" She asks. "No, you'd kill me if I touched your kitchen," I say rubbing my neck. "Let's go, I'll make some dinner." She says reluctantly. "Y/N," Kiba complains. "I'll be alright Kiba, no need to be so protective." She says turning back to me.

As we get home I decide to sit at the table, instead of on the bed. "Pork and rice sound good?" She asks I nod watching her intently.

I stare at the masterpiece she is as she spins around the kitchen cooking.

As if on cue my stomach growls right before she brings out our plates. She sits in the seat on the edge beside me happily pouring us two glasses of water.

"We haven't done this since right before the war started, it's nice." She says happily. I smile at her before continuing to eat.

After we finish our plates she carries our plates and glasses in the sink. She turns around and pulls my hand. "Since my side of the bed is a mess with soup, let's cuddle on the couch." She says laying on the couch. I lay on top of her placing my head on her comfortable breasts. I wrap my arms around her hips content, we haven't cuddled in a while ether, we'd nap like this almost every day on the couch.

She pulls out my ponytail running when fingers threw my hair. "I love you," I say as I sigh from her playing with my hair. "I love you too Shadow." She says using the nickname she has for a while now.

Before long I fall asleep in her arms, for the first time not having the images of Asuma's death threw my head, but of Y/N and my future with her.