Chapter 33

*Bri POV*

It is now 10:32 at night and I still haven't answered any calls, messages, face times, DM's.. I just couldn't. Sydney left a few hours go since she had really bad jet lag, and I do too but I honestly can't sleep. Is he coming tonight? Tomorrow? After Magcon tour? Is Tristyn or Mia coming? Plus I'm paranoid so I have my lamp on, window locked and covered, and my door is closed but didn't feel the need to lock it. My phone hasn't sent me any notifications in the past 5 minutes, and I was relieved. I laid on my bed, starring up at the ceiling as I zoned out. My phone started ringing again, so I took a deep breath, and pressed the green button.

"Hel-"

"BRIANA GRACE PARKS HOW DARE YOU LEAVE US WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE AND JUST A DAMN NOTE AND THEN IGNORE US ALL DAMN DAY! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW WORRIED I WAS?! YOUR MOM SAID YOU WERE SICK WHEN I KNOW SHE WAS JUST COVERING-"

"TRISTYN TAKE A BREATH FOR A SECOND WILL YA?"

She got quiet and you could hear her rapid breathing across the line.

"I'm sorry it's just I'm worried sick about you."

"I'm fine, I explained in the letter I just wanna stay with my mom for awhile. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you personally in front of an audience and just got up and left. A lot of shit has gone down in a matter of 24 hours so can y'all please just let me stay with my mom for awhile. Like cut me some slack will ya?"

I didn't mean to sound rude but that is the truth and how I felt. Yes, I understand that I left without warning. But I told them where I was going, why I am going and when. And if they know my mom covered for me they know I am safe. I just wanted to be just me and my mom for awhile. After everything, that's all I want. I love Cam and Tris, but it's nice to be alone with my mom sometimes.

"I'm sorry.. I understand but uh. Well.."

"What?"

"Cameron is flying there now.."

"WHAT?!"

"I'm sorry I tried to stop him but-"

I ended the call and jumped out of my bed, changing into a pair of sweats and tank top. I jogged down the stairs and saw my mom laying on the couch watching TV. My phone buzzed, Tristyn telling me he left a few hours ago and he should be landing in about 45 minutes. Okay, it takes 35 minutes to get there.

"Mom can I borrow your keys? Please?"

"It is almost going on 11, why do you need my keys?"

"Well Cameron made the decision to fly back here."

"Why? Does he know you are here?"

"Well, I left them a note..."

"Wait a minute. Are you telling me you left without them knowing and you just left a note? Is that why your phone has been going off all day?"

"Mom please I have to go-"

"Did you guys get in a fight?"

"No mom I just wanted to come home and be with you for awhile, okay?"

"Is there something you aren't telling me?"

I sighed in defeat and frustration, pulling at the roots of my curly hair. I turned around and grabbed the keys, ignoring my mom calling my name as I drove to the airport.

I parked the car and ran into the airport, receiving looks from people. I don't blame them, a girl with a tank top, sweats, no make up, and beat up converse running into the airport in the middle of the night is pretty weird. I found the gate he would be coming from and I notice people walking out, showing that he landed. I saw him walking out, hood down as he had a duffle bag slung over his shoulder. I'm guessing he is hiding from fans since he didn't bother to look up. I don't know why, but I was frozen in place, breath caught in throat as he looked up and scanned the airport. Once he spotted me, he did a double take and he broke into a huge grin as I stood there mouth open and frozen. He ran towards me, pulling me into his embrace and his cologne took over my surroundings. I wrapped my arms around his torso, hearing quiet sniffs as he kept hugging me.