Chapter 39

*Bri POV*

3 Months Later

I pulled into my driveway, throwing my now dark brown hair into a ponytail. 2 months ago, I left California for Miami, Florida. I honestly don't regret it, yeah I miss Tristyn, Mia and Sydney, but now I'm across the country away from Cameron. I miss him every now and then when it's 3 in the morning and my thoughts take over me. But then I realize, he is just an ass hole.

Yeah, I know what happened, he hook up with her, Matt told me. I miss him, and the boys too, but I am not complaining about leaving them. It's near the end of April, summer is just around the corner, so the Miami heat is rising by the second.

Right now, I work at an aquarium. I know, it's not much, but you would be surprised how much they pay me monthly. And I do take care of my neighbors dog every now and then, plus they are rich so they pay me some pretty good money. They are always out of town for business trips so they mail me checks, the dog usually just walks in through the dog door I put on my back door. I live right by the beach, so I usually go there and surf, I honestly love it here. I came here for a new beginning, and I got it.

My usual blonde curly hair is long dark brown, usually straight but sometimes wavy. I like being called Grace, my middle name, not wanting to go back to Bri or Briana, my past.

I have a couple tattoos, but nothing big like a sleeve or something. I have one on my wrist, my dad's initials, one on my right shoulder above my collar bone saying I'm Free. And on my other wrist it says Be Unforgettable.

I walked into my kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water and going to my back porch, seeing the ocean crystal blue and glistening in the sun. I heard a collar and turned my head, seeing Sammy, neighbors dog, walking up to me.

"Hi Sammy, you thirsty?"

I poured some of my water in a small dog bowl next to me, Sammy drinking the water immediately. I looked at Sammy and sighed, realizing he reminds me a lot of Cameron's dog. Well I guess I didn't just realize it, I just don't like thinking about it. Every time there was a thunder storm, Sammy would come in and walk to my bedroom at night. He is kinda the only thing I am close to here. I don't trust so many people, they all think I am the bad mystery girl. I pulled out a cigarette,  lighting it and taking a drag.

"You do know those kill ya right?"

I turned my head, seeing a guy with blonde hair spiked up into a quiff, bright blue eyes and a pale face with a lip ring. I noticed his thick Australian accent, a smirk growing gracefully across his face.

I scoffed, taking another drag and blowing out towards his direction, not caring if they are killing me, it helps with stress. He rolled his eyes and laughed, climbing over the fence onto my porch, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Ya do know I can easily start screaming rape and my neighbors can call the cops for getting on my property?"

"Hmm, smart ass, I like it. The name is Luke."

(btw yes it is Luke hemmings, I'm using him as a character and no he isn't famous)

"Grace, and why is an Australian boy doing here in Miami?"

"Probably the same reason as you, go get a new start."

I stiffened but quickly recovered, trying to act like I wasn't affected by his random comment.

"You don't know anything about me."

He stepped closer to me, putting his hand either side of my head on the chair, leaning down.

"I would love to figure out, I'm always up for a challenge."