Chapter 37

*Bri POV*

I was driving around LA, blasting my music as I drive to god knows where. Cameron left for Magcon two weeks ago, we haven't talked as much but I guess I understand. He is busy traveling and meeting his fans. I got fired from my photography job since I missed two days from being hungover, the first day I forgot and just got drunk at that party. Cameron called them saying I was sick, but someone told them I was out drinking and acting irresponsible. So now I work at the diner down the street from my mom's. It's not much but it pays me enough for food and gas while everyone is gone. I still hang out with Sydney a lot, but I do miss Tristyn. We Skype almost every night, I always ask for Cam but he's always asleep or at a meeting.

I pulled over to a back road, driving up the old dirt road as I followed the trail my dad would take me. I pulled to a secluded area surrounded by trees and a lake with a waterfall. No one really comes here, but my dad would always take me here before he... Well before he left.

I guess I haven't really talked about my dad, he wasn't that bad of a guy, I still love him with all my heart. He started getting stressed from work and became depressed, one night he had too much to drink and got in a car accident, dying on impact. I don't remember so much about him, I mainly remember the good memories we had. We both had bright blue eyes and blonde hair, everyone says i look like him.

We lived in a secluded part of California, my dad and my mom built a house and my dad started a vineyard, but soon he realized that it wasn't too good of a job so he became a manager of a big company. That led to him being stressed and he soon started to drift away from me and my mom. It was sad really, I remember when I wanted to go on a walk down the trail to the stream, but he got mad and slammed his office door leaving me with a small broken 4 year old heart.

My mom says all of our relatives on my dad's side hate my mom. My dad was raised high and classy, my mom was raised with a small house and a barn. They thought she wasn't good enough for my dad, for the family, they wanted to take me in when my father passed. They blamed my mom, saying she didn't help with the stress on my dad and his job. We haven't talked to them ever since his funeral and to be honest, neither of us care. My mom's parents both passed, grandma had lung cancer and grandpa just slowly died off, was too sad and done with the world.

Thankfully, my grandparents gave me and my mom their money, along with all of the savings my dad saved for us. He was such a great man, but that one mistake changed everything. But that one mistake, led me to Cameron, who is my world. I got out of the car, sitting on a rock that hung over the lake, the crystal blue water smooth and calm besides the ripples from the waterfall. I laid back, thinking of all the memories I have made here. I haven't brought anyone here, not even Cameron, it just kinda felt... sacred to me. It was the only thing I have of my dad left, besides the couple of photos I have on my shelf. This place is like my get away, escape from the world.

I remember when he taught me how to swim here, and he put up the rope hanging over this rock to jump off of into the water. The water was a good 10 feet right here if you jump, the deepest part of the small lake. It would take us 5 hours to get here, we would leave in the morning and come here and have a picnic on the little beach shore of the lake.

I felt a drop land on my thigh, then another, making me look up seeing it was about to storm. I felt something roll down my cheek, making me realize I was also crying.

I sighed heavily, walking back to my car before the storm got too bad. I got in the drivers seat, turning on my car and resting my head against the steering wheel. A few sobs took over my body as I sat there in silence, surrounded by a rain storm.

"I miss you daddy...."