Chapter 49

*Bri POV*

We all arrived to the party, when I mean all I also mean Luke.. Don't ask, it was all tristyns idea. She needed a date, as a friend, since Jacob couldn't come and he was there so that's that. I guess you could say it is really awkward, especially in the car when I had to sit in between both Luke and Cameron.

We walked into the HUGE beach house. Most walls practically glass, that modern black and white scenery along with a classical red. People were everywhere, most older wearing classy clothing and suits. My outfit was dressy, but not as much as these people are. I just had a simple black A-line dress with black high heels with my hair curled. To make it look more classy, I added some diamond jewelry.

I walked to the bar, asking for a glass of wine. I started to drink it, trying to calm my nerves slightly even though it's just wine and not shots.. I shook my head, looking around to see if I could spot anyone I knew. I saw curly hair that was a lot lighter than tristyns dark hair, making me smile because that means it's her mom. I sat my drink down, making my way through the sea of all the people. Once I reached her, I wrapped myself around her into a huge hug.

"Oh my gosh, Bri? Is that you? For a second I honestly thought you weren't gonna make it."

"Well I'm here now!"

I smiled at her, looking behind her and seeing my aunt... Well my dad's sister, who I nor my mom like.

"Oh my goodness!! Bri you have grown up so much!"

She started to reach towards me but I took a step back, a frown taking over all of my features. Last time I saw her I was not even 10 yet, but I don't regret it at all. My dad's side of the family don't like my mom very much, and they never really liked her either, and my dad knew that. And to me, I don't like to classify them as family.

"Don't talk to me. Don't touch me. There is a reason why I haven't seen you in over 10 years. Same goes to everyone else in that messed up family of yours. You disrespected my own mother, which also means you disrespected me."

"Briana Grace get back here right now."

"For the love of god, you aren't my mom. Not my legal guardian. Not even family. Can you please just exit out of my life again like you guys did when my dad died?"

I stormed past all the people and walked upstairs, locking myself into a bedroom. I went out onto the balcony and sat on a chair, looking off onto the beach. I could here all the people outside talking and conversing, and I don't even know any of them.

I don't even know why I came here if we are gonna be honest. Tristyn knows almost everyone here because she is known for her singing, her mom is throwing the party, and she practically grew up with most of them. Everyone has to know Cameron, he is just known everywhere. They probably don't know Luke, he's like me. An outsider. I don't really fit in with this type of scenery. With all the dressing up, diamonds, and champagne.

I'm more fit with skating, surfing, photography, and traveling. Not the big parties wearing huge ass diamonds. I got up and fixed my make up, walking down stairs and out the front door. I went to the car and grabbed out the keys and unlocked it. I took off my heels and slipped on my converse, putting the keys in the front seat and grabbing my skateboard. I closed the cat door, and started to skate down the street. My house is just 2 blocks down from here, so I know I would be fine. Once I reached my house, I texted Cameron and Tristyn that I came back to the house because my stomach was hurting. I walked in, seeing Luke sitting on the couch in deep thought.

"Did you skate back to?"

I saw his skateboard next to the couch and he nodded his head, looking towards me and just starred.

"Luke, are you okay?"

"Not really to be honest."

"Come on, I know we aren't like whatever we were before, but I'm still gonna be here for you. And my best solution is down the street in an ice cream shop."