(21)

'Dad'

dad, I'm in the bubble, can you grab some of my stuff and throw it in your car when you come tonight?

u know what, take everything. I guess mum told ya.

she did, my peach

I'm quite sad, but I accept you choice😕

thanks dad

oh, Grayson will have dinner here too tonight.

I expect ya to be on ur best behavior😉

Of course, my peach😆❤️

love ya!😗❤️🌹

luv u too
Delivered

\\\

PAISLEY

It's been four days since the 'incident'. I handed in my papers to Vennian and my request was not denied.

My mom signed me up for the online school called Marshall Academy. Paige uses the same. She enjoys it a lot.

"Hey, Paige, you up yet?", I knock on her door and wait for her reply. Shuffling is to be heard on the other side of the wood and I smile as the door flies open.

"Pais! I've missed you so much!", she squeals and jumps into my arms. I laugh and press her against my chest tightly. She's half a head smaller than me.

"When did you get here?", she asks me and I bite my lip. "Last night at 8. You were asleep.", I state and she flushes a deep crimson red.

"Yeah, long day.", she mumbles and I ruffle her hair. "What's my smart lil' sis up to?", I ask her and we walk downstairs. We sort the Wii controllers and batteries for tonight's annual game.

"Not much, I have this massive biology project I was keen on doing. I'm going to try to transplant a butterflies heart into the body of a caterpillar.", she explains and I frown.

"Holy shit, why so complicated?", I mumble and she laughs at my confused expression. I bite my lip and toss a blue controller into the black plastic box.

Paige was smart, very smart. She just didn't really do anything else other than read and surf the Internet. She's caught here and gets really bored on her own.

Our mom is mostly running errands and making sure the house is sealed up tightly. She's a perfectionist.

Other than that, Paige wants to find a way to make herself 'healthy' again. That's why so keen on Biology and body science and medical science.

Honestly, it kind of freaks me out that she's smarter than I am, but I'm proud of where she's headed. She actually already skipped 8th grade, due to her straight A+.

"So, how was school like?", Paige asks me, grinning from ear to ear. I scoff and sit down next to her on the couch. "Piece of shit.", I mutter and she laughs.

"I'm interested in what happens in a school. You know me.", she smiles and I sigh. I raise my hands in defeat.

"All I can say is that you're lucky not to have gone to Vennian. That bullshit is a fucking hell hole.", I snap and Paige laughs, gripping onto her hip.