(31)

'unknown'

he is mine

okay, wth

very funny

hello

?
Delivered

\\\

PAISLEY

The door behind me opens and Grayson tightens his grip around me as I sniff. What he just told me tore me to shreds. What we did, that hurt me more. "Hey bro.", I hear his far too familiar voice say.

I gasp and press my cheek against Grayson's chest and feel a fat tear roll down my cheek. I shake my head. "This is the emergency?", Lisa asks and squats down in front of me, unsteady on her heels.

She rubs my knee and I smile weakly. "I'm so sorry that I interrupted your dinner, Lisa.", I apologize but she gives out a little laugh.

"Anytime, dear. Grayson is your boyfriend, he should take care of you. How was your trip to New York?", she asks, raising a brow. "Good. Can I talk to Ethan?", I ask.

She nods and hooks her arm with Sean's, walking upstairs. Ethan sits across from me and Grayson in the beanbag and crosses his arms

"Hi.", he mumbles. I scoff and pull my legs up onto the couch, folding my knees under my hips. He raises an eyebrow in question.

"Don't act like you don't know.", Gray snaps and I swear, I could kiss him for being so protective and honest. I don't, of course, the moment is wrong.

Ethan throws his hands up in defense. "What the fuck.", he sighs and rolls his eyes. I get up and point my finger at him angrily.

"You just fucking used me like all your other sluts.", I remind him and he chuckles. He looks at me evilly and frowns. "So what? Did you actually think you were special?", he cackles.

Yes. Yes, I did.

Tears roll down my cheeks and Grayson takes my hand, gripping tightly. He grits his teeth as Ethan snorts haughtily. "She actually did.", he smirks to himself.

Grayson rips his hand off of me as he bends towards his twin. "You know, now I understand why you know who rather killed herself than be with you.", he snaps.

I whimper so softly that no one hears and Ethan jabs a finger into Gray's direction. "Don't you fucking dare!", he exclaims, his voice cracking at the end.

"What?", I ask confused. Ethan rubs his eyes and. Grayson chuckles. Ethan shakes his head, begging. I frown.

"He once had a girlfriend.", Grayson begins and Ethan whimpers, slapping his hands over his ears. I feel tears trickle down my cheek.

Gray wipes them away. "But she wasn't real.", he continues and I turn to face Ethan, his eyes fixated on the ground as they slowly shift to connect with mine.

"He was a lucid dreamer, still is.", Grayson whispers and Ethan takes his hands off his ears as I blink at his figure. His eyes turn red, glimmering with salty tears.

"She was a vision.", Grayson finishes. I gulp and my hand pressure around my thigh tightens. I lick the inside of my lips.

Ethan shakes his head, our eye contact breaking off. "She wasn't.", Ethan begs. Grayson throws his hands up.

"You forgot your pills again.", he sighs and gets up to get something for his twin brother. I look at Ethans distorted face.

He shrugs. "Ethan.", I say and he shrugs again. I imagine him with another girl. It hurts my head and heart, squeezing around me tightly.

"She was special.", Ethan admits and I listen attentively and lean towards him. No matter how much I hate him at this point, I know he needs someone who will listen to him.

Grayson returns with three pills and a glass of what looks like water. He places it on the coffee table in front of Ethan, who nods in acknowledgement.

My boyfriend leans forwards and kisses my chin as he tells me that he'll be in his room, making his bed ready for us. I nod obediently.

Ethan's twin disappears into his room upstairs and Ethan stuffs the pills down his throat and I watch him gulp them down. I never thought he was this way.

His eyes meet mine and I look down. "Look at me. Look at me, Paisley.". he calls me by my full name. I raise my head.

He blinks and reaches out with his hand, touching only my chin with his pointer finger. I bite my lip.

He stares at me and I blink back at him. "What did you lucid dream of?", I hear him ask me. I widen my eyes.

"Wait, how did you find out?", I ask him about my first time lucid dreaming. I never did it again, I was scared.

"I can read it in your soul.", he whispers, letting me go. No person nor animal except myself knew this, how did he know?

I sigh. "I guess about a boy.", I admit. He nods slowly. "I couldn't see his face but he kept telling me to 'stay away from black'.", I explain.

Ethan bites his lip. He nods and gets up. He paces around the table to sit down next to me. I shiver as small part of his skin collides with mine.

His breaths heave his shoulders and I watch him fold his palms in insecurity. He chuckles.

"I dreamt about a girl.", he says and I look away from him. I slap my hand on my thigh softly. "I figured.", I whisper.

"She was amazing. I loved her to death.", Ethan mutters and picks on a thread of his ripped jeans. He tugs it off.

"I went back to dreaming to keep seeing her.", he continues, his hands not even moving. I sigh. It seemed a little scary, being obsessed about someone fake.

"I knew she was real, but I didn't know who she was.", he confesses quietly. "I started talking to girls, trying to find her."

I put the puzzle pieces together and they all fit. He never was a fuckboy, he was looking for the love of his life.

"There's something Grayson doesn't know, though.", Ethan whispers and puts his hand face down on the coffee table. His anxious eyes look up at me.

"The girl I kept seeing was you."

\\\

a/n;
i'm back hoes
whoop, that took me a snickers and a whole lotta tishes to write this bitch.

40 comments + 20 votes

xx,cece