(35)

'Unknown'

man

i wish u knew that one secret ethan has

;)

who r u?

hello?

what is his goddamn secret that i absolutely have to know?

ethan is my boyfriend

he would tell me

hello?
❗️Failed to Deliver

\\\

GRAYSON

I take another deep breath and look at my halfway empty cup in my hands. I'm freezing under my lacrosse hoodie but I'm not in the mood to go back inside and get my jacket.

Another tear escapes my eye and lands on my cheek. I brush it away as I hear footsteps shuffle from the locker rooms.

I hide the blue tequila bottle under my bag and put the cup behind my leg on the ground. I turn my face and look up at a new face.

It's a girl with long, curly, black hair, tall and extremely skinny, dark chocolate brown skin and concern in her dark brown eyes.

"You okay?", she whispers to me and I look down at my feet to make sure she can't see my red puffy eyes as I nod.

She still walks up to me and sits down next to me. "That was a stupid question, you're not okay.", she tells herself and I nod again silently.

"What happened?", she asks, the sound of genuine care lilting in her melodic voice. She leans forward to look at me, resting her weight on her elbows which are placed on her knees.

"It's nothing, really.", I admit, my heart squeezing tighter. She rolls her eyes at me and scoffs. "I'm not stupid. I have eyes for a reason.", she says.

I sigh, my shoulders heaving as I pull out the cup again and start drinking again. I could feel the alcohol inside of me, working it's magic.

"My girlfriend broke up with me to be with my brother.", I choke on my words, even though I feel like I don't even need to. She nods, taking the cup from my hands and sniffing at it.

"You know, I hate to break it to you, but that girl is a bitch.", she says to me heartedly. I smile lightly, her words making it a little bit better.

"Yeah. It sucks though.", I mumble, my slurry self taking control of what I say. I stand up, almost toppling over my own two feet. She grabs my wrist and stabilizes me.

The cup is still in her hand, the liquid almost spilling. She looks at it the same way as I do, tilting the cup.

"What is this anyways?", she asks me and I shrug. "Tequila. Not sure what brand though, I just stole it from Lorens party last week.", I explain.

She laughs, her voice getting higher and more musical with every breath. Her chest heaved and her black locks flew back as she laughed.

The air around me becomes warmer and I smile, happy to see that I can still make others laugh, although I just had to go through that.

I don't even know what Paisley meant. I never used her, never planned on it. I was just extremely fucked when I found out she had lost her virginity and had a thing with my twin whilst we were in a relationship.

I had actually almost thought that our relationship could last for a really long time. But now it's over, like it never even existed.

I remember the first time I saw her, in the bathroom with her eyes shining in the darkness. She had been mysterious, intriguing and very cute.

I had a feeling like whatever she had done, she was the person who made it this way.

Fucked up.

Oh, and I used to think Ethan, that little fuckboy that he was and most likely still is, always, always, got what he wanted.

It was like he was a walking, talking and fucking pet, being taken care and adored by every girl he meets and takes interest in.

Sometimes, I wished that he never existed because he makes me seem the way he is, too. But I am not. I am his twin, but I am not his clone.

I am my own person, my own self and I should be in control of that. I don't want to be seen as the other bad half of Ethan.

"I'm Grayson.", I mumble, thinking out loud and frowning into the light. I turn to the girl next to me, who is still holding my wrist and the cup.

"My name's Kiara.", she smiles and I nod. "I like that name.", I admit and she grins, her dimples widening. "Thanks!", she says cheerfully and looks back at the cup.

She downs it, gulps and crushes the plastic cup in her bare hands. I chuckle at her. She seemed strong willed.

She reminded me of Ethan, but with a good side. Maybe if Ethan were the same, none of this would've happened.

Maybe Paisley and I would have landed elsewhere instead of falling right into the gutter. We could've existed. Lived on.

Yet, here I am, moving on and trying to forget all my deep feelings that I have ever felt for her with a bottle of shitty tasting Tequila on school grounds.

I don't care anymore, because I used to care far too much, which always made me land in a muddy puddle of shit.

I care because I worry about people. And maybe that's their way of telling me that they couldn't really care or that I should stop being so emotional.

I grab my bag and take Kiara's hand, because I am far too drunk to walk by myself. She pulls put the rest of my tequila and tosses it into a trashcan that we pass by.

We walk through the field, her leading me to her car, as I cannot and mustn't drive in my state.

We're by the edge, my stomach churns and I can see Paisley's face laughing at me, mocking me. There's pain in my stomach.

"Grayson?", Kiara asks. I turn away from her, my head spinning and shaking. I bend over and rest my hands on my knees.

I throw up.

\\\

a/n;
toodles.

sorry, i was really tired and i know that i haven't updated in a long ass time. i had to finish my freshman year, had to go party and shit, but yeah, i'm
back:)

btw, am i the only one who plays fortnite like all day and night? help.

vote.

comment.

share.

xx,cece