(39)

'Unknown'

ur so dead pretty girl

please

leave me alone.
Delivered

\\\

GRAYSON

Was that really the Delany that had Ethan entranced like some freaky snake charmer? I remember her, she had been Ethan's sub and prostitute counselor. I remember almost everyone could hear her scream, or so said my friend Landon.

I walk up to her, at the door of Paisley's house, scared to death of her. Everyone knew she almost killed her ex-husband and his new girl, the one he left her for. I clear my throat, staring at her clenched fists.

She turns to me, smiling evilly at me as she inches closer. "Hello, what can I help you with?!", she almost screams into my face. I feel my knees go weaker with every second more I just stood there.

"I was just wondering why you were standing in front of my girlfriends' house, looking like you're a serial killer on the hunt.", I attempt to say bravely.

She scoffs, laughing at me. "Well, you should know that your pretty little girlfriend here almost killed the person that i love the most.", she mocks my scared undertone.

"Um, no? She's with her sister and family at dinner.", I say, trying to save whatever was hiding in that house from the hands of this monster.

She laughs, swinging her fist back onto the door, trying to break it down. "Stop!", I hear Paisley scream and steps are heard from the inside. "Paisley!", I shout, trying to stop here from opening the door.

Delany stands there, waiting. I want to pull her away, but right in that moment, the door flies open and she pulls a knife from her jacket pocket. She grabs Paisley and directs the blade onto her pulsing vein by her neck.

She faces me with the scariest glare one could ever imagine. This felt straight up like being in a horror movie, five stars rating and scaring out the shit of everyone watching it.

"Lany!", I hear a voice shout and look to my left to see Ethan running up towards us. He had a baby in his hands, blood trickling from them. I star at the baby, who had his eyes.

It couldn't be. No. Not in a million years.

He passes me the sleeping child unexpectedly and runs up towards Delany, who just presses the blade onto Paisley's vein, who attempts to free herself in any way.

"Delany, let her go, she's not the reason why.", he tries to consult her, but her grip doesn't loosen. I want to scream as tears fall from my eyes.

"Tell her, Eth. What is she the reason of?", Delany says, staring at her loved one. The baby in my arms gurgles softly in it's sleep and I start crying, afraid of Ethan's, Paisley's and my lives.

"She's not the reason, Lany!", Ethan shouts and I swear, i hear Paisley's heart crack in torment. She was innocent, confused. I really wanted to save her from the truth, but with Delany grabbing her like that, there wasn't a glimpse of a chance in sight.

"Tell her right now, Ethan Fucking Grant Dolan!", his paramour screeches at the top of her lungs. In slow motion, I watch Ethans hand slip into his pocket and pull out a gun.

A fucking pistol. A fucking  p i s t o l. WHERE DID HE GET THAT FROM?! GRAYSON, YOU'RE IN SO MUCH DANGER RIGHT NOW, GET PAISLEY!

I watch Delany smirk as she cuts a small line into Paisley's neck, blood trickling from her wound. Paisley gives out an odd sounding croak as Delany let's her go.

She falls to her knees and onto her side, tear emitting from her eyes one by one. She was losing so much blood. Delany laughs and steps down from the porch.

She walks to Ethan as I run to Paisley, trying to hold the baby and her face at the same time. She whimpers, I kiss her cheek, squeezing my eyes shut as tears fall from my eyes.

"Ethan, Ethan. You can't shoot me darling. You would hate yourself for it for the rest of your pitiful life!", she shouts. Paisley stretches out towards Ethan, whose hands are shaking.

He suddenly redirects the gun to his head, holding the trigger ready. Delany stops in her tracks. She shakes her head and I feel my jaw drop.

"Ethan, don't do it, dear. Josie would have to grow up without a father.", she coos and I look down at Paisley, her blinking once and just staring at Ethan.

She lost her innocence. Completely now.

Ethan puts the gun down onto the pavement. Staring at me and Paisley and the baby, who I guess must be Josie. I help Paisley sit up, as weak as she was.

Delany walks to him, picking the gun up and turning to us again. Ethan starts running towards us as I shield Paisley and Josie from Delany.

A gunshot. No pain, a thud, a groan. I spin around and see Ethans body on the ground, blood all over the pavement. Sirens come from the street and police cars pull up as Delany tosses the gun toward the what seemed like lifeless body.

She tries to run, but it's too late. Cops are out with their guns, all directed at Delany. She raises her hands and the rush to her, cuffing her immediately.

Paisley and I run to Ethan, tears falling faster and faster from my eyes. Josie awakens with a cry and I shake my head as I kneel down next to Ethans head, taking his head in my hand.

"Ethan.", I whisper and Paisley tries to inspect the gun shot. An ambulance pulls up and Ethans mouth moves inaudibly, dry with blood.

"What?", I ask. He smiles lightly. "You have my blessing. Take care of Josie.", he groans in pain and the paramedics rush to us.

I help Paisley into the second ambulance and she stares at me as we pull away from the house. Josie in my arms laughs bubbly as Paisley is treated.

And Paisley just cries. As do I.

\\\

a/n;
next chapter will be the last chapter of this book *OOooOooooOFFffFfF*

btw i changed the song for this chapter from 'idfc' to 'Sign Of The Times' because it's kind of sarcastic in a way. The songs semi-happy whilst this chapter is all dramatic bullshit:) it's fucking glamorous

anyways, as usual!

vote.

comment.

share.

it would be very much appreciated:))
btw thanks for 85K+ READS YOU GUYS

xx,cece