(24)

'Ethan'

I'm sorry I told

It was wrong

You know where to meet me

Who is this?

Oh

Sorry...

???

Wrong number
READ, 11:00AM

\\\

GRAYSON

"She's crying!", Paige exclaims and grabs a coin from her pocket. I shake at the handle as she tries to unlock it slowly and carefully.

"Don't come in!", I hear Paisley scream and I frown down at Paige. She shakes her head, tossing the coin onto the floor and sliding down onto it.

She leans against the doorframe as she shuts her eyes. "Paisley, you've shut yourself out of my life once, don't do it again.", she whispers and I feel tears prickle my eyes.

I feel guilty. If I hadn't come, this might've not happened. The door unlocks and I quickly pull Paige back onto her feet. Her cheeks flush.

Paisley stands there in the dark shadows of the bathroom. Her eyes were red and cheeks were matted from tears. "Go away, get as far away from me as possible.", she mutters as I try to hug her and calm her.

"Paisley?", I ask her but she shoves my arms away from herself. "Grayson, don't.", she begs and I bite my lip in confusion. I step back, giving her space and tug Paige back too. She needs this.

"Grayson, I'm sorry.", she chokes up and falls into my chest. Paige stands next to us, staring awkwardly as I wrap my arms around Paisleys head, hugging her tightly into my chest. Paisley's tears hit my shirt and I can feel it on my skin.

"Pais, calm down.", I say into her hair, pressing a kiss against her hairline. She pulls away and takes my face into her hands, staring into my eyes like a hungry eagle. "I'm sorry.", she whispers again and I frown.

"There's nothing to be sorry for, you're perfect.", I say and she gasps. She breaks down into yet another fit of tears. "That's where you're so fucking wrong, Gray, and you still love me for who I am. That's fucked up.", she whispers and I close my eyes.

"Pais, don't say that.", I mumble and kiss her. She kisses me back, but then unexpectedly pulls away. She turns her back towards me and looks at Paige. She was just standing there.

Then she just walks off. Paige lifts her shoulders in fear and bites her lip. "I'm very sorry for the way she's acting, Gray." , she apologizes and I shrug. "I'm positive she'll talk to me soon.", I say, a slight hint of insecurity haunting my voice as I speak.

"She will, you're the only person she really talks to. She and Piper had a fight too and they're not really on speaking terms at the moment.", she explains rapidly and I feel my mood sink deeper when I hear that Paisley and Piper had a fight.

"Thanks anyways for the evening.", I say to Paige and she smiles softly and flushed a deep crimson red. "Nothing I wouldn't do for a dolan twin.", she says and I scratch my neck. She types in the passcode to the house and the door opens. I hug her quickly and leave the house.